2019/10/17

1990-11-24 Worldwide


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry. Tonight I am checking out a late 1990 WCW Worldwide.  This was late in the Black Scorpion storyline.  You also have Doom as the tag team champs and Stan Hansen as the US Champion.  Let us see what Worldwide had for us at that point.  (If you want to see the results scroll down to the end)
  • I do love Dirty Dutch on announcing
  • Doom was a hell of a tag-team
  • Weird, Flair did not say a thing there
  • So weird to see Ron Simmons throw a dropkick
  • Ugly looking piledriver
  • Aside from the snap powerslam that Randy Orton/Dustin Rhodes do I love Simmons version
  • Brian Pillman could not talk at this point
  • So weird that Morton kept the RNR gear at this point but Rich did not do something similar
  • How bad is wildfires hair at this point?
  • It is weird to think that Ricky Morton is currently the NWA Tag Team Champions with Robert Gibson
  • I cannot watch this knowing where the Black Scorpion story goes without thinking it had such potential
  • I wish I saw more Stan Hansen, this brief period in WCW I really enjoyed
  • Paul E was good even back in the day
  • Weird to see Mr Hughes in regular wrestling gear
  • I always loved Rip Rogers hair and dark beard
  • Zenk just was not that good in the ring and I am surprised Rip never got more of a push
  • However, that was a pretty good top rope crossbody
  • Such a weird team, Landell and the Moondog
  • It is sad to think about how good Buddy could have been if Buddy did not always get in his own way
  • I know people love the Big Poppa Pump version of Scotty but this was my favourite, 90-93
  • Look how think the Nastys are!!
  • How many Nature Boys did WCW have?  Flair...Lee...Landell all at once!
I do not know why but I didn't enjoy that as much as I do the older WWF shows.  Maybe because I was watching WWF at the time so I have fond memories.  Maybe because WCW/NWA had lesser characters.  But aside from the Main Event tag team match (the Steiners match) this show as just there for me.  I just do not and did not care about most of the guys on the card and I think that sums up WCW/NWA in 1990!

Segments:
  • Butch Reed/Ron Simmons (NWA Tag Team Champions) def. Mark White/Pablo Crenshaw
  • Segment:  Brian Pillman
  • Ricky Morton/Tommy Rich def. Jim Corbett/Mike Samples
  • Segment:  Black Scorpion/Sting (NWA Champion)
  • Wrestling Wrap-up
  • Winner Circles:  Stan Hansen (US Champion)
  • Big Kat def. Keith Hart via DQ
  • Segment:  Sid
  • The Z-Man def. Rip Rogers
  • Rick Steiner/Scott Steiner (US Champions) def. Moondog Rex/Buddy Landell
  • Segment:  Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner (US Champions)/Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags
  •  Jimmy Garvin/Michael Hayes def. Todd Brewer/Paul Lee
  • Segment:  The Juicer
  • Interview:  Butch Reed & Ron Simmons (NWA Tag Team Champions) & Teddy Long

No comments: