2019/10/05

2019-10-04 Smackdown Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you have found this review.  Today I am looking at the debut edition for Smackdown on Fox!  I am not going to bore you with a huge intro lets get to it!

  • Interesting set, not sure I like or hate it, it will take a few weeks
  • Of course, the McMahons open the show
  • I love that Vince always sounds like he has been gargling razor blades anymore
  • Why Michael Cole?  I feel bad for Tom Phillips 
  • Now the Raw Women's champion....on the debut of Smackdown....yeah that makes sense
  • KING CORBIN....also not on the blue brand
  • HE IS HERE!  ITS HIM!  THE GREAT ONE!  ROCKY!!!!
  • I hated him for some long and now I miss him so much.  Sometimes you do not know what you have till you no longer have it
  • I love King Corbins look, my first time seeing it
  • The dumb fans cannot chant together
  • I love this!  
  • Four Horsewomen in action next, a good way to start the night
  • Every time I see Sasha I feel like I need a penicillin shot
  • I feel like we have seen these ladies too much together
  • Just nothing special about this sadly because we have seen it
  • Erin Andrews has no clue who these guys are
  • I started off hating the Firefly Funhouse but now I love it!
  • There was a time people cared about Shinsuke right?  
  • I love the Fiend and Wyatt both!
  • They are throwing everything at the wall here for the first Smackdown on Fox 
  • For no real training, Shane has always been good
  • I hope Owens loses and comes back as Mr. Canada or the Midnight Rider
  • AS GOD IS MY WITNESS SHANE IS BROKEN IN HALF!
  • Seriously why would he do that!
  • Seriously why is Shane on his feet after that?  That should have been the end of Shane on WWE TV for months
  • Paul Heyman is the Hitchcock of WWE directing horror movies that is star Brock Lesnar!
  • Why should I care about Braun Strowman?  
  • And what is Braun wearing?
  • How great is Otis?  So entertaining
  • Who is Tyson Fury?  Should I care?
  • I like Rowen and it is nice to see him finally get a chance
  • I love the chaos of lumberjack matches!
  • Needed a bigger brawl for me
  • Well I guess that ends the Kofi experiment
  • What the hell?  Rey Mysterio really?
  • I guess I do not know my MMA well enough to know who Cain Velasquez is
That was a very good show.  I am not sure I like Kofi losing in 10 or so seconds but lets see where it goes before I hate on it.  This was, hopefully, chapter one, of this story.  Also interesting to see Cain Velasquez enter the fray as it were.  Where this goes will be interesting.

I hated to see Randy Orton, Miz and AJ Styles put into a pointless 8 man tag.  Should have been Strowman vs. Cesaro or someone to get to the Fury and Strowman staredown.

Overall nothing horrible but there was the bad 8 man, not because of the people, but because of the use of those people.  Also seeing people like the Viking Experience no-sold during the Lumberjack Match sucked.  Little things that WWE will say no one noticed does get noticed.  

Very good first show on Fox but like I said about AEW it is not about one show but 10 and 20 and 50 to keep me, and the fans, happy.

No comments: