2019/10/19

2019-10-08 NWA Powerrr review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Tonight I checked out the first episode of NWA power(rr?).  I do not know what to expect.  I know Jim Cornette loved it but he might be biased.  Lets go to my thoughts...

  • Tim Storm has such a great old school look!
  • Uggg, I already hate the fans chanting NWA
  • Corny is looking GREAT!
  • Nick looks ike a champion does he not?
  • Wow, who is that with Nick? 
  • Nick has done a great job of losing his accent but not completely to make it better for us American to understand him
  • The J-O-B, throwback to Dusty and Ric!  LOVE IT!
  • Already loving this show!!!
  • Love what JC just announced the refs name!  They are part of the show too guys
  • Love a good squash!
  • I can get behind those Dawson Boys!  The one is my bearded brethren!
  • Is that really Austin Idol!?!?!
  • Honestly, if it was twenty years ago I would be going to learn from Austin Ido
  • E-Li-Drake!  Huge fan and surprised NXT did not sign him up
  • Two former Impact Stars here and already bigger stars here
  • I love the old school feel to the show.  Easily my favourite show in months already!
  • I feel like I am watching old school NWA with the show.  I am in wrestling HEAVEN...minus the fans....
  • Who is Jocephus but I like him!
  • I LOVE JAMES STORM!!!!
  • I hate the flipping spear
  • How has Eddie Kingston not been on a national stage?
  • I think Jocephus is one of my new favourites!
  • And that fast I guess he is not going to be featured going forward
  • I hope at 50 I look 25% as good as Tim Storm!
  • That was bad, Aldis going across the ring after a buckle shoot
  • FIGURE FOUR!!!
  • That is the first time that I have heard an announcer say that it affects both legs just differently....which it does!
  • Uggg, I hate wrestling fans and their chants and shits
  • I hope they do not have Storm tap, just have him pass out
  • Why are the fans chanting NWA instead of Storm?
That is easily my favourite show in months as I said earlier.  The pacing was fantastic!  The old school feel (minus the stupid fans chanting the companies name instead of the wrestlers) was awesome.  The wrestlers are old school.  I love Aldis and Storm (both of them).  The tag team of the Dawsons is old school and fun.  Corny is easily my favourite announcer right now (sorry JR).  This is what wrestler was growing up and I loved it.  Forget AEW this is the wrestling show EVERY fan should be watching!!

Results/segments of the Show
  • Interview:  Nick Aldis (NWA Champion)
  • Dave Dawson/Zane Dawson def. Sal Rinauro/Billy Buck
  • Interview: Dave Dawson & Zane Dawson 
  • Interview:  Eli Drake
  • Eli Drake def. Caleb Konley
  • Video:  Tim Storm
  • Segment:  Jocephus
  • Segment:  Jocephus/James Storm (National Champion)
  • Thom Latimer/Royce Isaacs (Tag Team Champions) def. Danny White/Mims
  • Interview:  Thom Latimer & Royce Isaacs (Tag Team Champions)/Eddie Kingston & Homicide
  • Segment:  James Storm (National Champion)/Jocephus
  • James Storm (National Champion) def. Jocephus
  • Video:  Tim Storm/Nick Aldis (NWA Champion)
  • Interview:  Tim Storm
  • Nick Aldis (NWA Champion) def. Tim Storm for the Title
  • Interview:  Nick Aldis (NWA Champion)

1 comment:

Agatha said...

Hi, great reading your post