2018/04/28

Movie Review: Infinity Wars (warning spoilers)

It finally arrived...well he finally arrived!


And he didn't disappoint at all!

From here on out assume that everything I say is a spoiler.  Do NOT read on if you have not seen the flick...you have been warned





Okay where to begin with this movie.  I'll start with saying that there has not been a better Spider Man on the screen that I have seen.  The scene at the end where he is saying he doesn't want to go...as heart wrenching as #10 saying it.  Wonderfully done young man!


The start of the flick was shocking to say the least.  I wasn't expecting the removal of one of the major fan favorites like that, but honestly Loki has probably lasted longer then needed.  However it set the tone for the flick which was needed.  Too often in these flicks you don't feel your favorites are in danger because they're the heroes.  You actually felt like the heroes were in danger....and they are!


I would like to say there is something bad about the flick but I can't really pick anything.  Maybe the pacing a slight bit but even that I can't truly say.  At no point did I think this needs to move on.

The amount of screen time that Dr. Strange got was even an okay thing as his character worked much better in an assemble cast like this then it did one its own.  While I did NOT like his stand alone flick he was good here, especially playing off Spidey and Iron Man.

The inclusion of the Guardians was done perfectly.  Star Lord and Drax and....well all of them didn't seem overshadowed by the other characters which could have happened very easily given the star power and screen time the others have had over the last ten years.



Have I said how heart wrenching the final Spider Man scene was?  Seriously!

It was nice to see Agent Hill and Fury at the end as well.  I would have liked to see Coulson and the Agents of SHIELD referenced or even better show up but that is just me wanting to tie things together even more and I really REALLY like the Coulson character.

I liked that they continued to have Thor be funny but show a "human" side in his scene with Rocket.  It is rare for me to feel for a superhero, or in this case a god, in a flick but you felt for him.  Having his eye back I didn't like however, I thought the eyepatch was a good look for Thor.

Seriously how great is Tom Holland?

Oh here is a question for you all, if Thanos can turn back time and bring Vision back from the dead why not do it for Gamora since he, seemingly, truly loved her?


It is interesting that we are basically back to the original Avengers cast now plus Ant-Man (we assume since his movie is next) minus Loki and Fury.  The GotG cast is gone, Spidey, Black Panther and Falcon are all gone.  Well we still have Capt. Rocket so we have that going for us though!


Another surprise to me is that Hawkeye is not in this flick AT ALL.  I guess when I ran to the restroom they reference him and Ant-Man but still could have had a shot of them in there (and maybe they did and I missed it but it doesn't sound like it).  The directors have said there is a reason for this but still kind of weird.  Ant-Man I'm okay with, even though I really liked his character, but Hawkeye is an OG brother!

Oh...how good was Brolin as Thanos?  I love a bad guy that isn't maniacal sometimes.  I mean the crazy lets destroy the Earth bad guy is fun and all but Thanos isn't that.  Thanos truly believes what he is doing is the right thing...and part of him is right.  Much like a plant, sometimes you need to trim things back.  You can't allow things to grow out of control like life has in the galaxy/universe.  I guess I would be a servant of Thanos in that I kind of agree with him....and like most cowards I'm going to go with whatever might keep me alive!


Overall I would give this flick a rare 10/10.  Seriously wonderful and so well done.  The folks at Marvel Studios continue to one up themselves each time they release a film to the point where there is going to be a huge disappointment at some point because of it.

No comments: