2018/04/17

Movie Review: Get Shorty


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this flick.  Today, 12/05/17, I am checking out the 1995 flick Get Shorty.  It stars Gene Hackman, Rene Russo and Danny DeVito.  "A mobster travels to Hollywood to collect a debt and discovers that the movie business is much the same as his current job."  I decided to re-watch this flick after watching the new TV series.  It currently has a rating of 6.9 with 66,798 votes.  
  • Man I wish I had the Italian look to constantly be in gangster flicks!
  • This is when I really started like Travolta
  • That is how I want go....in a cool hat and jacket!
  • Danny DeVito produced this flick?
  • Interesting writing this flick
  • I forgot this flick has such a great cast of "bit" players and stars
  • James Gandolfini looks weird with a ponytail!
  • Look how young DeVito is!
  • DAMN!  Dennis Farina is HARDCORE
  • And how great is Dennis Farina!
  • I just realized I am not saying much because I am watching this flick; it really is engrossing
  • Travolta is very close to the same character in every flick isn't he
  • Travolta is constantly smoking in this flick, it is weird to see
  • That is a horrible park job there Travolta
  • Seriously DeVito looks so young!
  • Bette Midler?
  • This plot sure wouldn't work in this day and age!
  • Miguel Sandoval is another great actor in this flick
  • How did he get the gun on a plane?  
  • A lot of talk about "smelling" by DeVito's character
  • Gandolfini's beard is great in this flick
  • That is an awesome salmon jacket Farina wears; I should get one!
That is a fun flick.  Not a lot to say about it really.  Kind of weird writing; almost done in sound bites but fun.  It shows how when you have a good/great cast that a movie is just fun.  It really sucks you into. 

Overall I think the IMDB rating has it about right with 7/10.  Average flick with an above average cast.  

No comments: