2016/06/28

Movie Review: Mike and Dave need Wedding Dates


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you've come across this blog.  Last night, 6/27/16, I got a chance to go see an early screening of the flick Mike and Dave need Wedding Dates.  "Two brothers place an online ad to find dates for a wedding and the ad goes viral."  It stars Aubrey Plaza, Anna Kendrick, Adam Devine and Zac Efron.

I will admit the first preview I saw of this a few months ago I was not interested in seeing this flick at all.  It looked...well it looked extremely stupid.  The idea is basically Mike and Dave are two brothers who end up screwing up all their families get togethers and their sister is getting married.  Their dad, played by the wonderful Stephen Root, demand they bring dates to keep them in line.  Enter Tatiana and Alice who are the female version of the brothers.  They fake being "good girls" for a free trip to Hawaii.  Hilarity ensues!

And I mean hilarity.  I have not laughed this hard at a movie for a long time, maybe the last time was Zach and Miri.  Mini Jack Black, Adam Devine...look at him and watch him act...is fantastic! Actually all of them are I shouldn't try to single out one person.

I don't want to go too in depth in anything because I can't do it justice!  I will say the massage scene stole the show for me...well that and the horse scene.  

I can't do this flick justice in any kind of review really.  Is it stupid?  Extremely!  Is it crude? Extremely!  Is it one of the funniest flicks I've seen in awhile...absolutely!  This flick opens July 8th and I suggest you go see.  I give it a 8/10.  I literally laughed myself hoarse!  Go see this flick!

No comments: