2016/06/09

Bottom 100 Movie Review: Chairman of the Board


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever you're reading this.  I am back for another IMDB bottom 100 movie review.  This time I'm checking out #58 as of 6/4 with a 2.3 rating, Chairman of the Board. It stars Scott 'Carrot Top' Thompson, Courtney Thorne-Smith and Larry Miller.  "A surfer becomes the head of a major company."  

  • Nothing like starting off with birth
  • I think I saw this on Family Guy, the guy from Princess Bride will be singing soon
  • I really hate people on skateboards
  • I think this is Ernest P. Worrell
  • Its a robot isn't it?  Two robots?  Yep that is creepy
  • Ha ha flushing while he is in the shower....that makes me laugh
  • Ugg, this is painful
  • This is just going to be Carrot Top gags over and over again
  • Yep a bunch of gags
  • Taylor Negron is always such a creepy guy in movies
  • Trying out for Annie, that is funny!
  • Jack Warden, what were you thinking...then again look at some of your flicks
  • Is it odd that this has made me laugh a few times?
  • I always like Larry Miller

  • This is horrible and yet it is making me laugh
  • Fred Stoller now shows up?  Great cast for a horrible flick!
  • I am ashamed I'm laughing at this movie
  • Raquel Welch is and was quite the looker!

  • There are a lot of great character actors in this flick
  • Seriously I am ashamed that I've laughed this much at this horrible horrible flick
  • Now Glenn Shadix?  Seriously how is this movie so bad with this cast?  Oh right the writing
  • Yellow and blue do make green
  • Portable outhouse slacks...no thank you!
  • Farm animals...good grief!
  • Seriously why am I laughing at this flick!
  • Really too many double entendres in one scene
  • Cindy Margolis, remember when she was a thing!
  • Why is she dressed up like an Indian?
  • Oh because they're sitting in a museum display
  • TV dinners with the TV in it?  Weird...but kind of cool
  • Gross bird poop
There we go!  I give this a 3/10.  I actually laughed quite a bit at this flick but that wasn't enough to say it is good.

In all honesty having just said that I am going to bump that up to a 4/10.  Aside from some bad writing and a few weird camera angles I can't say much bad about this.  

This cost 10 million to make and only made less then a million according to IMDB.  I don't think it was that bad.  It had its moments in my opinion.

Now that isn't enough for me to say run out and watch this flick.  Not at all.  However if you're in a silly mood I think you'll find a few moments of comedy in it worth the 95 minutes, if nothing else you get a pretty good supporting cast of good character actors.  

Until next time boys and girls....


No comments: