2016/06/14

Movie Review: The Conjuring 2


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you've stumbled upon this review. Today will be a little different as it is a flick I saw in the theaters so no blow by blow as it were more of just my thoughts after the fact.  This flick stars Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson and Madison Wolfe. "Lorraine and Ed Warren travel to north London to help a single mother raising four children alone in a house plagued by malicious spirits."  As of 6/14/2016 it has an IMDB score of 8.2.

If you're unfamiliar with the Warren's they are a team of investigators from the 70's probably best know for the The Amityville Horror investigation.

This flick was very well done in every aspect.  I honestly have a hard time thinking of something I didn't like which is rare for me as you all know!

The acting is fantastic and Vera and Patrick are amazing and have great chemistry on the screen.  I honestly believe they have a personal connection during several scenes especially the scene where Patrick plays the guitar and when they dance.

The children do a fantastic job, especially the two girls.  Horror isn't easy to make look believable but these two, especially Madison who plays Janet, did a wonderful amazing job.  The mother also did a great job.  That isn't taking away from the two boys but they didn't get nearly the screen time that the girls got.


The story itself is a "true" story so I can't say a lot of about the storyline but the dialog was well done and at no point did it seems really out of place or anything like that.  I don't know about the truth behind the story but even so a great story.

Oh and let me say something about the demon in this flick.  Extremely creepy looking and actress Bonnie Aarons does a wonderful job in the role as well.


Honestly trying to figure out something bad is hard.  I didn't like how they figured out it "wasn't" a hoax.  It was interesting but seemed like a stretch to me and I wonder if that was a Hollywood device or if that is really how Ed figured out what was going on.

Aside from that I can't really nitpick anything else upon a viewing in the theater without notes and what not which means it is very good.  I would give it a 8.5 (9 on IMDB since you can't do partials). I really enjoyed it and might even go see it in the theaters again. 

If you enjoy suspense and/or horror it is worth seeing.....

Wait...there is one other thing I can nitpick if I had to.  I felt the escalation of the haunting was a little quick.  I guess I would have cut out a little bit of the Warren's story line out, especially the losing of the faith, and ramped up the haunting a little more.  I know the director put in the scenes with Lorraine and the nun but I felt there were a few too many and I felt the storyline of the haunting got overshadowed.

Now back to what I was saying, if you like horror and/or suspense it is worth seeing on the big screen.  

No comments: