2021/05/01

2021-04-29 Impact

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  I am back after a break to deal with some health issue, both myself and my wife, to resume watching wrestling!  Today, 2021-04-30, I am checking out last nights Impact show.  We are fresh off their recent PPV and their relationship with AEW is going strong.  I think we should see what will happen now!
  • I miss hearing Striker every week on WWE because he sounds real and has so much passion
  • No rematch clause?  That makes no sense, why would Swann agree to that?
  • I like this Jake Something the few times I have seen him
  • Bey is very good but just not my style match
  • Oh great we will get constant updates on Omega....blarg
  • A lot of camera cuts here, did they go to the Kevin Dunn school of directing?
  • Nice spin kick by Bey
  • If Something got into a real developmental type environment, old OVW or NXT, he would be a star!
  • Seriously?  Jake is not in the number one contenders match yet?  He should be!
  • I always liked the around the corner shot that Impact does like they are spying on the guys
  • Is it that exciting that Taylor is back?  Do many people remember her?
  • Big Cass shows up and looks like a star for sure!
  • Oh yeah now I remember why Big Cass did not do a lot of talking back in WWE
  • I am surprised that they did not rename Cass Adam or Copeland since he looks so much like Edge IMO
  • The Knockouts cannot really talk, at least from what I am seeing thus far
  • The Curator?  
  • I like Willie Mack in the ring but he is not great on the mic
  • Is Taylor suppose to be a version of Lacey Evans?  I honestly do not really remember Taylor much
  • Was she making Taylor smell her shoe?  
  • Those kicks were in slow motion
  • Wait...did she miss without Taylor moving?
  • Oh I guess Taylor got the knees up but really Kimber just overshot
  • I think that is Triple H's WCW finish
  • Dear lord how big is Moose's head?
  • This sounds weird, but I feel like Josh is almost too deliberate.  I do not mean start doing more moves but have a sense of urgency in the attack.  He is not a monster that should be deliberate.  If he was in a freestyle wrestling match he would not be this deliberate and he should wrestle like that
  • So many head palm whips now that Cornette has pointed it out 
  • Are there any male wrestlers without tat sleeves anymore?
  • That series was way too choreographed for my taste with all the handstands and what not
  • What was that weird implant DDT move?  
  • Josh wisely grabbing his knee to sell that Ace missed the senton
  • More Callis really?
  • Wow these Knockout segments are painful, Bella Twin painful
  • These two are feuding but are they still doing their figure podcast?
  • Always ready?  Out Work everyone else?  AEW and Impact must use the same tag line team
  • So I see Bey and Something in the six way but either of these guys?  I am sorry but neither of these guys should be competing for a World Title till they have rehabbed that WWE undercard stink off them
  • And that is not meant that they do not deserve to be near or at the top but optics are what optics are!
  • Does Impact use a smaller ring than the other companies?  It seems very small but it could be the angle they use
  • When El Phantasmo is in the Bullet Club you know they have jumped the shark, like Stevie Ray in the nWo
  • Seriously comparing these two to Joker and Batman is horrible D-Lo!
  • I do not get Sami Callihan, I do not.  He is one of those guys that seems to always be around and I do not get why.  He seems sloppy in the ring
  • 30 seconds in and Omega is already shaking the ropes!
  • Is anyone excited about a Kenny Omega & Sami Callihan match?
  • Those were some weakass shots by Omega to Finlay
A good solid show.  Nothing came off as groundbreaking.  You have the Omega stuff which I do not like because I think he is the most overhyped wrestler in the last twenty years but some people love him I guess.  The ratings do not show it people say it!  Overall solid show but there really is not anything I would say must see!  They kept the silliness to a minimum which is good!  As would have liked to have one less Don Callis segment but they told a story throughout so I am okay with it.  Solid wrestling and that is something that some shows, AEW I am looking at you, needs!

RESULTS
  • Segment:  Scott D'Amore/Impact Roster/Don Callis
  • Segment:  Scott D'Amore/Impact Roster
  • Chris Bey def. Jake Something in a Number One Contenders qualifying match
  • Segment:  Don Callis/Sami Callihan
  • Interview:  Taylor Wilde/Tanielle Dashwood & Kaleb Konley
  • Interview:  W Morrissey
  • W Morrissey def. Sam Beale
  • Interview:  Deonna Purrazzo (Knockouts Champion) & Kimber Lee & Susan/Jessika Havok
  • Interview:  Willie Mack
  • Taylor Wilde def. Kimber Lee via Submission
  • Impact Plus Flashback
  • Interview:  Scott D'Amore/Moose/James Storm
  • Josh Alexander (X-Division Champion) def. Ace Austin for the Title via Submission
  • Segment:  Don Callis/Swinger & Hernandez
  • Interview:  Jordynne Grace & Rachael Ellering (Knockouts Tag Team Champions)/Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz
  • Matt Cardona def. Brian Myers in a Number One Contenders qualifying match
  • Segment:  Rhino & Eric Young & Deaner
  • Segment:  El Phantasmo
  • Eddie Edwards & Sami Callihan went to a no contest in a Number One Contenders qualifying match
  • Segment:  Don Callis & Kenny Omega (AEW & Impact Champions)

No comments: