2021/05/16

1994-02-13 Main Event

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry. Today, 2020-10-03 I am going back 26 years to 1994 to Valentine's Eve, Feb. 13.  I would have been in 8th grade if my memory services correctly and, shockingly enough, I do not think I had a girlfriend.  But that was then and this is now....and I still do not have a girlfriend....I have a lovely wife so suck it 1994!  Sorry got distracted.  We are one week from SuperBrawl so the final build-up is upon us!  Enough waiting it is time to get to the Main Event!
  • Of course, the match is re-instated!  No one thought the match would not happen, did they?  
  • Avery moves so weirdly
  • Is this the best shape Traylor was ever in?
  • Is Larry one of the most underrated announcers?
  • It is odd that DDP looked better a few years after this.  
  • I always thought Taylor was underrated especially in the early 90's and his team with Greg Valentine
  • Best TV Champ ever....sorry Double A
  • Giving the future DOGG a TV title shot
  • Sorry got lost in this match, the D O Double G is actually wrestling with his Lordship and I am surprised
  • Regal with a sunset flip?  I do not remember seeing Regal do that before!
  • A dropkick from Armstrong!  Wow!
  • Oh, I love the slaps from Regal.....WHAT THE HELL IS SCOTT ARMSTRONG DOING!  He should be fined and fired!
  • Exactly typical bloody Americans
  • That building must have been extremely hot, Regal and Boss both were just covered in sweat
  • Was this laying down the groundwork for the Regal & Zbyszko feud?  
  • Could that mask be any tighter on the Assassin's face?
  • Where did the Assassin go?  He just suddenly stopped managing Pretty Wonderful.  Guess I will find out if there was a reason as I go on
  • I cannot believe how much offensive Roma is getting; shows the skills of both men
This was a really good show.  When you have Double-A and Regal on the same show you are in for a good one.  I am excited for Superbrawl.  I had it as a tape trader back in the day but I do not know if I ever actually sat down and watched it.  I assume I have since it was for that match specifically.  However, two really good matches and a squash for the Boss, and this was a very effective show in my opinion.  Until next time, as always, Abyssinia!  

RESULTS
  • Recap:  Saturday Night
  • The Boss def. Fred Avery
  • Interview:  The Boss
  • History:  Ric Flair (WCW Champion) & Vader
  • History:  Diamond Dallas Page & Z-Man
  • Interview:  Diamond Dallas Page/Terry Taylor
  • Steven Regal (TV Champion) def. Brian Armstrong for the Title
  • Interview:  Steven Regal (TV Champion)
  • SuperBrawl Control Center:  Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags (WCW Tag Team Champions)/Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne
  • Arn Anderson def. Paul Roma
  • Interview:  Arn Anderson

No comments: