2021/05/20

1994-02-15 ECW Review

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you found this entry.  Today, 2020-10-12, we are getting into our way-back machine to watch ECW from 1994.  February 15h to be exact.  Thus far ECW 1994 has not impressed me thus far.  Will this episode be the episode to change my mind?
  • ECW loved their music videos and they were good at them
  • That DDT hurt Funk more than Douglas!
  • Was this peak Sabu?  Before his body really gave out
  • Mike Awesome was around more back at this point in ECW?
  • Tod was hot!
  • Damn Sheri was HOT HOT HOT!
  • Wait...is this a match?
  • I guess it is a match but who made it?
  • Well, I guess it is not a match...or is it?
  • Joey is a little over the top at times.  I like Joey but the yelling wears quickly
  • Okay Joey brought it back a bit now from the last segment
  • Uggg, Jason is so annoying in a Test/X-Pac get off my TV way
  • Were the fans chanting rock and roll?
  • That powerbomb looked like it was just pure strength
  • What was with the old school Muta hand movements there Pitbull?
  • This feels like an AEW match; going too long and no one cares because the teams are just random teams at this point
  • I have to say this show is moving along fast, I am about halfway through and I am shocked so maybe that last match was not too long....or the Funk/Douglas stuff was really good
  • Seriously Jason needs to get off my screen!
  • I always liked Hughes for some reason, not sure why but I did.  Especially when he was a huge man like this
  • Sandman in wrestling gear is so weird to me 
  • Oh those damn SS tats
  • The Harris Boys are tagging?  In ECW?
  • How is that not a DQ?  HE IS USING A CHAIR!!!
  • Is that Bill Apter at ringside?
  • The Young Dragons are a hot new tag team?  Really Joey really?
  • JESUS SULLIVAN MIGHT HAVE KILLED THAT DRAGON!
  • How is this a match?
  • This is like an old Nitro ending
  • Did Johnny just steal a box of pens?
This show was better.  I did not hate it like I have other shows.  I liked most of the matches but the first tag match did drag just a bit.  I like that they had matches and then a few recaps keeping other storylines in our minds.  Paul E. could put a show together at times for sure.  

RESULTS
  • Recap:  Terry Funk (ECW Champion)/Shane Douglas
  • Music Video:  Three-Way Dance
  • Interview:  Tod Gordon/Paul E. Dangerously
  • Segment:  Shane Douglas/Sabu/911/Chad Austin
  • Segment:  Paul E. Dangerously
  • JT Smith/Tommy Cairo def. Rockin Rebel/Pitbull
  • Segment:  Jason & Mr. Hughes
  • Recap:  Jimmy Snuka & Tommy Dreamer
  • Segment:  Jason
  • Mr. Huges def. Hack Meyers
  • Recap:  Sandman/Jason & Pitbull & Rockin Rebel
  • Don Harris/Ron Harris def. Johnny Hot Body/Tony Stetson
  • Kevin Sullivan/Tazmaniac (ECW Tag Team Champions) def. Young Dragon #1/Young Dragon #2)
  • Segment:  Rocko Rock & Johnny Grunge

No comments: