2021/05/01

1994-01-01 Mania

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....and today we are going back in time to 1994.  I recently found a collection of 1994 Mania so I am going back to the New Year despite being into March typically.  So let's go watch Mania, which is the UK version!
  • I forgot how goofy this show was...and I love it!
  • Polo was in awesome shape!
  • I miss atomic drops!
  • I had Polo fever once, the shots suck
  • A fair and square win for Polo after Jannetty attacked Pierre!
  • Howard Finkle is doing an interview?  That is rare!
  • I love the chemistry between Savage and Pettengill
  • I miss guys like Mike Sharpe and the Brawler and Barry Horowitz
  • Scotty 2 Hotty!!
  • Weird to think that in six years Scotty would be one of the most over guys in the company with Rikishi and Grandmaster!
  • Double J was one of my favourites...well still is
  • I love Gorilla bashing Double J's misspeak, he gave no fucks at this point 
  • Well over a half-hour, had to be at least 20 minutes!  I love Savage!
  • Speaking of "The Winner" it is Bad Barry Horowitz!
  • I am shocked to see Flexy Lexxy give Bad Barry this much offence
  • I think this was the best version of Shawn in-ring wise.  I know people will argue but I take the 92 till Wrestlemania 12 version personally
  • You did not see Shawn do a Russian Legsweep often
  • I was always a fan of Savio Vega....Kwang not so much
  • Was there a more talented guy in the ring than Razor who never actually achieved his peak?
  • I do not remember seeing Razor do that fallaway slam from the buckles often
  • How is Danny Davis officiating?  I thought he was banned for life!  Gorilla is right Tunney needs to be impeached
  • Why did we not get Savage & Pettengill vs. Fuji & Crush?  I would have paid to see that!
Obviously, this is mostly a clip show and reshowing matches from other shows but it is fine.  Todd and Randy were very fun to watch.  I know people do not like 1994 stuff but wrestling was fun and made sense!  Watching these shows reminds me why I became a fan.

RESULTS
  • Johnny Polo def. Marty Jannetty
  • Interview:  Crush & Mr. Fuji
  • Mo/Mabel def. Mike Sharpe/Mike Bell
  • Segment:  Paul Bearer & The Undertaker
  • JIP:  Jeff Jarrett def. Scott Taylor 
  • Lex Luger def. Barry Horowitz
  • Segment:  Bret Hart
  • Shawn Michaels (Intercontinental Champion) def. Phil Apollo
  • Segment:  Kwang
  • Razor Ramon (Intercontinental Champion) def. Derrick Domino

No comments: