2016/12/25

Bottom 100 #48: Eegah


Because it is Christmas I'm back with another Bottom 100 review, this time it is the flick Eegah which can be watched by clicking on the link!   From 1962:  "Teenagers stumble across a prehistoric caveman, who goes on a rampage."  I'm hoping we see Pauly Shore somewhere in this flick!  (10 points to those who get the reference).  It stars Arch Hall Jr. (Arch Hall Sr. is the director...hmm), Marilyn Manning and Richard Kiel.   But enough talk lets go watch...Eegah
  • I always feel bad that these 60's flicks are on the list, they probably weren't considered bad back in the day of the drive in double feature
  • Lives up at the club?  What does that mean?
  • Women fainted much easier back in the 60's
  • Why is there goat sound...oh the cave man is just carrying one
  • Damn, that caveman is huge!  Oh it is the guy with a nail in his head from Happy Gilmore!
  • Oh yes, referencing the bible
  • So far this isn't horrible at all
  • Tom has some nice hair, it is very Doctor Whoish
  • Any movie with a pith helmet is okay with me!  I do own one myself for the record!
  • Why the shot of the pilot taking his gasses off and on?  Weird
  • Wow that is some "dune buggy"
  • Yes 1960's movie music!
  • I know you're dad is waiting to be picked up and all but watch me show off!
  • Of course they are suddenly stuck...but they get out?  Why have the scene?  A tension builder?
  • fainted again?
  • He is sniffing the girl?  That is weird
  • Roxy's dad has a decent voice, could've done some decent voice acting work I think
  • I've got to say Eegah is quite the artist
  • Yeah, he is going to try to get with Roxy!
  • IMDB Trivia:  After filming was completed it was discovered that the sound recordist had actually failed to record the bulk of the sound. This explains why so much of the film is (badly) dubbed with the sound added in post-production.  That explains it, I thought it was just the bad version online I was watching
  • Two aspirin, calm down there dad!
  • Gave him a shave?  Yeah...that's weird for a "dad and daughter"
  • That is a lot of shaving cream!
  • What continuity error? Shaving cream always comes back...wait she is putting MORE on?  And it is gone again
  • She only took him outside the entrance like two feet?  That was her big plan?
  • Yeah work the body kid, work the body!
  • Poor kidnapping giant, he just wanted someone to love him!
  • Yeah, I'll tell you when I've had enough...baby
  • Even at 90 minutes this flick is a little long in the tooth
  • Strange relationship between "Father and Daughter" I'm telling you
  • He found the house rather easily I think
  • Wait...now he understands how glass works?  He didn't moments ago
  • When does the rampage start?
  • Oh wait...that isn't their house, its the club...but doesn't Roxy live there?
  • Wow that rich dude totally no sold the giant
  • He doesn't have a horrible voice actually
  • Yeah this has seriously gotten long in the tooth
This wasn't a horrible move at all, just a little long.  Probably would have cut 10 or 15 minutes out.  I realize that would have made it a 75 minute flick but I think it would have worked better.  

Overall I give it a 3/10.  Not horribly horrible but the length knocked it down a notch.  Not a bottom 100 flick however.  I blame MST3K because they did an episode on it!  Until next time....abyssinia!

No comments: