2021/01/31

1994-02-26 Superstars

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is that you have found this entry.  Today, 2021-01-27.  I am going back to 1994 and the end of February.  We are in Wrestlemania season so I expect to see something from Yoko or Luger or Bret and/or Owen.  I am really enjoying WWF 1994 honestly thus far so I am ready to rumble...as it were!
  • What is this?  Really?  A Godzilla-esc video for Yokozuna?  Yeah, it is Unbelievable.  
  • the Vic thing still makes me laugh
  • Dear Lord, how long are you going to take to announce him?
  • I think we will see the Black Phantom pull off the upset....well not really
  • When was Danny Davis reinstated as an official?
  • Did not see Razor do the chokeslam a lot in the WWF as a babyface
  • Why is Flexy Lexy look at the camera instead of Corny and company?
  • You would be wrong Gorilla, no one can beat Yoko fairly!
  • Owen has yet to peak!  He will peak when he beats you at Mania!
  • Seriously...Oscar just rapped that promo?  I did not like it!
  • Every time we have seen this John Paul he has got some good offense in
  • I don't like spicy food, awesome there Vic
  • A couple of weird cuts in this match, like it skipped a few seconds but commentary did not
  • I love the flying knee, such a great looking move
  • I always hated those sunglasses Shawn wore at this point
  • Weird to see the cameramen in a WWF shot
  • It is weird that IRS never really showed the personality he as in WCW
  • You cannot really ever say Bret phoned it in
  • Owen is out there to make sure that Bret does not fake an injury leading into Wrestlemania to use it as an excuse
  • It is weird to see Bill Alphonzo as a ref...daddy!
  • I cannot count on one hand the number of times I have seen someone dodge the elbow to the chest by Bret
  • It is weird that they used Mr. Pefect for that ad since I do not think he was with the company at this point
  • POLO IS A RAP STAR!!!
  • Fat sisters panties?  Named after his Aunty?  AWESOME!
It is weird how quick those 1 hour shows go compared to an hour of most modern wrestling.  I am really enjoying the WWF at this point.  Bret and Owen were great.  I forgot how great Johnny Polo was in this role as well.  Overall a fun show but nothing really worth going out of your way to see but that was rare on the syndicated shows.  Until next time....Abyssinia!!

RESULTS
  • Razor Ramon (Intercontinental Champion) def. Black Phantom
  • Update:  Bret Hart/Owen Hart
  • Jacques/Pierre (WWF Tag Team Champoins) def. John Paul/Miguel Rosado
  • Face to Face:  Crush & Mr. Fuji
  • Thurman Plugg def. Derec Dominic
  • Interview:  Shawn Michaels (Intercontinental Champion)
  • IRS def. Phil Apollo
  • Wrestlemania Report:  Little Richard/Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji & Yokozuna (WWF Champion)/Randy Savage
  • Bret Hart def. Adam Bomb via Submission
  • Face to Face:  Johnny Polo & Jacques & Pierre (WWF Tag Team Champions)

No comments: