2021/01/25

2021-01-25 Raw

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found me.  Today I am going to LIVE blog this week's episode of Raw.  This is one of the first times I have done this as I often watch days or weeks or years (there is a lot of wrestling out there and only so much time).
  • This is the worst theme song for Raw ever, I usually skip it when I watch
  • Thankfully Drew did not have a major case of COVID
  • Was anyone asking for Drew vs. Goldberg?
  • They need to turn off the fake crowd noise it is overpowering
  • Well that will kill any heat Miz and Morrison had, totally believe they could win Sunday if they cash in
  • Was Goldberg blown up walking to the back?
  • Is Charlie the best interviewer in the business now?  I think so
  • So is no one going to mention that Lacey and Ric are married
  • That is one of Ric's robes?
  • Charlotte looks nothing like she used to in the face and it is sad
  • Do you think Nia hurt someone yet?
  • Rose and Brooke are the calvary?  
  • I smell a six woman tag!
  • I have always loved Dana, wonder if they will bring up the Charlotte Dana history
  • This has 5 really good performers and Nia Jax in it
  • Well that was pointless with the cartwheels
  • They did mention the history!
  • That was a stiff kick!
  • Could Lacey's trunks get any tighter?
  • How is Temptation Island a thing?
  • Wait?  They are restarting it?  Good grief because we need more of this match
  • Did Shayna screw up and not get in when she was supposed to?
  • Remember when Lacey was fighting for her daughter and now she is cheating on her husband, great turn around!
  • Ugg that looked bad on Dana and dear lord Nia will hurt you for realz!
  • Thank god Dana avoided the Bat Cave by Nia!
  • I like that they have gotten away from the sexy Rose and she is more of a wrestler!
  • What the fuck was that other than dangerous, how is it guys like Lee and Otis need to go to the Performance Center and Nia somehow keeps a job
  • Mustafa has a point about Kofi stealing his spot
  • Where is Big E?  He cannot show up and help Woodsy?  
  • Those are horrible tights on Slapjack!
  • All of Retribution has those horrible tights?
  • I love Woodsy!
  • Is Woodsy knocked out?
  • Modified High Times damn
  • We are only an hour into this show?  Really?
  • Seriously someone named Bad Bunny is going to be at the Royal Rumble?  That is just bad
  • Why is Shelton wearing a mask?  Will that be addressed?
  • It is weird for Cedric to be a heel
  • Lashley should not be allowed to get on the mic!
  • I love Sheltons shoes!
  • Damn I love MVP
  • And I love R-Truth
  • Truth...um....I would NOT get into the ring
  • Riddle I do not love though, in fact, I am not a fan at all
  • Sheamus has been around a long time without a break from the company
  • Sheamus on the mat is interesting
  • Why is Miz in his gear?
  • I would watch Sheamus and Drew at Mania!
  • I miss the mohawk
  • Is that a mouse showing up under Sheamus eye?
  • WHITE NOISE!
  • Oh now we know why Miz is in his gear
  • Are they really low on talent at the show?
  • This does not really make sense for Sheamus to agree to
  • Some really stiff looking shots I like it
  • Especially when Sheamus and Morrison are interacting
  • Sheamus is going to the top?  I guess he does do the flying shoulder block regularly
  • Really good showing for all men
  • I do not like this angle at all, nope, feels too real
  • Have they ever said that R-Truth is wrestling in gear like his boyhood idol John Cena
  • STYLES IS ELIMINATED!  Oh wait not quite the rumble
  • A fun match there between two vets!
  • Why is there Thunder in the....Thunderdome....nevermind
  • That hour was much better than the first
  • Some weird verbiage but I like this promo by Orton
  • I really like the crazy Bliss
  • Uggg, we go from Alexa Bliss to Riddle?  Why?
  • Smart by Riddle to go for the quick knee
  • Damn, how strong is Shelton?!
  • Thought he was going for the Olympic slam there
  • Look at the strength by Shelton!
  • Cedric was trying to help!
  • Cedric has this, he can take out the Original Bro!
  • How smooth is Cedric?  
  • I love MVP on the outside
  • RIDDLES SHOULDERS WERE DOWN BEFORE THE VICTORY ROLL!!!
  • Why did Riddle look confused?
  • Edge looks old and tired!
  • All wrestlers today need to watch this interview.  Edge is real here!
  • I really have no idea who is going to win the Rumble this year.  There are so many options
  • Remember when Elias was one of the hottest stars in WWE, yeah me too, and I miss it
  • I do love Alexa Bliss in any incarnation!
  • Can the ring announcer get worse hair?
  • Is that ref of legal age to work?  He looks to be 12!
  • What a throw by Asaka
  • Well, this is creepy!
  • I am digging the facial work by these two
  • The FUCK?
  • This is so strange and odd and I am loving it strangely enough
  • Obviously when the fans are back they cannot do this but until then!
  • RKO!!!  MY GOD!
If you eliminate that first hour it was a good show.  I really liked this as it picked up.  The Edge promo was exactly what promos should be.  It WAS AMAZING!  I love the Bliss stuff and the end with Orton hitting the RKO on Bliss was perfect and a great ending.  Overall a good show.

RESULTS
  • Segment:  Drew McIntyre (WWE Champion)/The Miz & John Morrison/Goldberg
  • Interview:  Charlotte Flair (Womens Tag Team Champion)
  • Charlotte Flair (Womens Tag Team Champion) def. Shayna Baszler via DQ
  • Nia Jax/Lacey Evans/Shayna Baszler def. Charlotte Flair (Womens Tag Team Champion)/Mandy Rose/Dand Brooke
  • History:  Xavier Woods and Retribution
  • Segment:  Mustafa Ali
  • Xavier Woods def. Slapjack
  • Segment:  Mustafa Ali
  • Segment:  Riddle & R-Truth (24-7 Champion)
  • MVP Lounge:  R-Truth (24-7 Champion)
  • Segment:  Adam Pearce/R-Truth (24-7 Champion)/AJ Styles
  • Sheamus def. John Morrison
  • John Morrison/The Miz def. Sheamus
  • Segment:  Ric Flair & Lacey Evans/Charlotte Flair (Womens Tag Team Champion)
  • AJ Styles def. R-Truth (24-7 Champion) via Submission in a Royal Rumble qualifying match for R-Truth
  • Recap:  Randy Orton & Alexa Bliss & The Fiend
  • Segment:  Alexa Bliss
  • Riddle def. Shelton Benjamin (Raw Tag Team Champion)
  • Riddle def. MVP via Submission
  • Riddle def. Cedric Alexander (Raw Tag Team Champion)
  • History:  Edge & Randy Orton
  • Segment:  Edge
  • Asaka (Raw Womens Champion/Womens Tag Team Champion) and Alexa Bliss fought to a no contest for the Title

No comments: