2020/01/25

Wrestling Review: 2020-01-24 Smackdown


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  We are just two days away from the Royal Rumble and it is time for the go-home show from the Blue Brand.  I know the main event is Kofi Kingston against John Morrison and we get to see a contract signing between The Planets Champion and Bray Wyatt!  Let us get to the ring....and it is the Usos....boo
  • Ugg, I hate the Usos!  Seriously how long before one of them gets another DUI and they go away yet again
  • Was that too soon?
  • I wonder what Bobby Roode failed the wellness test for, they never did announce what
  • The Usos do not look healthy, they look like guys who worked out but then stopped
  • Fans are all over Roode, weird
  • Wow, that was rough looking on one of the Usos...I guess Jimmy per Cole
  • Also, the Usos need to change those chia pet hair cuts
  • Yes I will just rip on the Usos till they are off my TV
  • I like everyone but the Usos in this match.  They have X-Pac heat with me, they need to just go away
  • Remember when Corbin had that horrible stringy hair
  • That was not a good head to the steps spot guys, you two are better!
  • I do not like Reigns but he is good in the ring and since he returned the fans are into him
  • Reigns hair is starting to recede a bit it looked like
  • This match is way too long for a handicap match
  • If these three cannot defeat Reigns how can the King on his own?
  • Wait Jimmy can come back out?  SHOCKED!
  • The Bloodline....that is a pretty cool name actually
  • Good grief Lacey Evans is a goddess
  • Why is Cole doing the interview and not Charley or one of the other interviewers?
  • Those stupid dots on her vail make it look like Lacey has stuff on her teeth
  • I do like the story that Lacey has, and I do not think her voice cracking is acting.  I just wish they would change her "sassy Southern Belle" gimmick
  • Who did not see Bayley doing something?  Stand on your head
  • I love Dana but she is looking a little too thin or got some work done which I hope is not true
  • Did Lacey have pants on earlier?  I went back and she di
  • I do not like Good guy Alexa
  • I LOVE OTIS!
  • Uggg, why is Braun not a monster?  He is doing comedy bits with Elias for the love of god!
  • It is weird that they put Cesaro into another team instead of reuniting the Bar
  • Strangely I do not care about this match which is sad but there was no chance Sami and his team was winning
  • Uggg, I hate the "shocked" face that the female announcers get.  It is so fake
  • WTF is Big E doing?
  • Oh yeah if he is greasy he cannot be thrown over the top rope!
  • This show seems to be going on FOREVER!  I think I had a birthday already
  • I love this segment every year when they throw these numbers around
  • I love that the slow-mo shot is back!
  • Wow that face plant out of the monkey flip looks brutal.  
  • I am so happy to see Morrison back on the main stage
  • Starship Pain looks amazing, if I was 1/100th that athletic!
  • Seriously was this show 3 hours tonight?
  • Kofi should not have kicked out of that kick, that should have been the end!
  • I hate the Usos hair cut and Kofi's is right there as well
  • I hate the Spanish Fly, it is so fake looking
  • Kofi was champion for six months?  Really?  Did not seem that long
  • Oh Miz, that is just silly!
  • Wait....is that a fax machine?
  • A sick man?  Bray is not a sick man!
  • I hated the new Bray Wyatt at first but I love it now
  • WORD OF THE DAY!
  • Run Michael Cole, run!
  • I cannot imagine the pain of the strap match, it is insane
  • I wonder how much the mask messes with Bray
  • Did he just stab his own hand to get the "blood"?  WOWEY ZOWEY
The second half of the show was good.  Morrison vs. Kofi and The Fiend was fantastic.  I LOVED the Lacey Evans segment because it felt real and not scripted (even if it was).  The six-man was good but way WAY too long, need to be cut by probably a third and allow Bliss and company to wrestle for a few minutes before the brawl.  As much as I like most of the guys in the tag match the outcome was never in questions and I was bored, bored I tell you.  I hate the babyface Elias more than babyface Alexa.  However, the best part of the night was the by the numbers segment, got me pumped for the Rumble in a few days.  I hope to be "live" blogging it, updating after each match.  Until next time...from the Fat Man himself....Abyssinia!

Results
  • Roman Reigns/Jimmy Uso/Jey Uso def. Robert Roode/King Corbin/Dolph Ziggler
  • Smackdown Recap
  • Match Flo Recap
  • Interview:  Lacey Evans
  • Segment:  Lacey Evans/Bayley (Smackdown Womens Champion)
  • Interview:  Carmella & Dana Brooke
  • Segment:  Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville 
  • Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville & Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross went to a No Contest
  • Segment:  Elias & Braun Strowman
  • Segment:  Elias & Braun Strowman
  • Elias/Braun Strowman def. Cesaro/Shinsuke Nakamura (Intercontinental Champion)
  • Segment:  Big E & Kofi Kingston (Smackdow Tag Team Champions)
  • Interview:  King Corbin
  • Segment:  Royal Rumble Numbers
  • Segment:  Sheamus
  • Segment:  John Morrison & Miz
  • John Morrison def. Kofi Kingston (Tag Team Champion)
  • Contract Signing:  Daniel Bryan & Bray Wyatt (Universal Champion)

No comments: