2020/01/26

Picard: First Episode Reivew


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this.  Today I got to check out the first episode of the new Star Trek series Picard.  Here are my thoughts.

First off it is great to see Jean Luc back on the screen.  While he is looking older it was fantastic!  I also like that we see him with Data right off with him.  It seems fitting since these are arguably the best-remembered characters (yeah come at me). 

The storyline seems to be going in a very interesting direction as well with Data/Dr. Soong will play a very important part which I like as I always liked Data personally. 

It is also nice to see that at some point we see Troi and Riker and strangely enough 7 of 9.  Hopefully, we get a surprise from Worf and/or Geordi and it would be perfect. 

The rest of the cast seems really good as well with the Alison Pill as a scientist and Harry Treadaway, of Mr. Mercedes fame, as seemingly a very bad Romulan. 

The first episode had a great mix of action and storyline set up.  If anything it was a little heavy on the action but that is fine as long as it does not get too heavy into it (never thought I would say that). 

I am excited and already enjoy it more than Discovery!

No comments: