2020/01/24

Classic Wrestling Review: 1994-01-15 Power Hour


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this blog.  Today we are once again going back to 1994 and checking out the Power Hour from January 15th.  Not sure what is on the show so not a big intro so lets get right to it!

  • Terry Taylor on commentary?  Nice!  I like him on the stick for some reason
  • I would FEAR Vader for sure
  • Dear lord Walby should RUN to quote Bray Wyatt
  • Nasty Boys on the way.  I think this was the best version of them!
  • OH MY GOD IT IS MISSY HYATT!!!
  • Did Road Dogg get that weird ass tattoo removed or just never noticed
  • Brian has been doing well?  Really Tony?  Really?
  • Knobbs was always kind of sloppy, wasn't he?  But he looked real
  • Wait, was the LOD with WCW at this point?  I did not think so
  • I cannot wait to see Badd against Regal, two great bright points of WCW at this point
  • If there was only one wrestler I would watch for the rest of my life I think it would be Regal.  I think the most underrated performer ever
  • Notice how realistic this is.  If I was AEW I would pay Regal ANY amount of money to come in and show how to make it seem like a real fight and not a routine
  • Notice that Sir William does such subtle things yet the fans HATE him
  • Badd is underrated too.  Most people think he was a little Richard rip off and he was kind of but in the ring he was very smooth and his matches were usually very well done.
  • Huh, that was a strange finish
  • Wait...they are just cutting the post-match stuff for a Pillman segment?  Weird!
  • I know I just said I would pick Regal for the one guy to watch but Dustin Rhodes is a very close second...minus probably that TNA run
  • I love that the enhancement talents had different looks in WCW at times and not just a dude in trunks
  • I cannot wait till I get to the Clash with Regal against Dustin, that should be a hell of a match
  • Two Hall of Famers here, and great performers.  A shame both careers were cut short
  • WCW fans sure did love Sting.  Too bad WWE did not do him right
  • Wow Mean Gene looks weird here....but remember call that hotline anyway!
  • How bad was the Cactus Jack song from Slam Jam?
  • Strangely slow kind of boring match here.  Nothing bad but not what I expected from these two teams
  • I think this is why because it was going to be a screw job finish
  • Good grief that looked like a rough double DDT!
An okay show with a disappointing main event.  I would have probably had the Regal screw job at the end because it was more expected so he would keep the title.  The main event seemed rushed for some reason.  The rest of the show was good but anytime you have Regal and Rhodes on a show it is going to be good, be it 1990 or 2020!

RESULTS
  • Vader def. David Walby
  • Brian Knobbs/Jerry Sags (WCW Tag Team Champions) def. Bert styles/Brian Armstrong
  • Johnny B. Badd def. Steven Regal (WCW TV Champion) via DQ for the Title
  • Segment:  Brian Pillman
  • Dustin Rhodes def. Nasty Ned
  • Segment:  Cactus Jack/Maxx Payne
  • Flashback:  Superbrawl 2:  Rick Rude (US Champion) def Ricky Steamboat for the Title
  • Music Video:  Sting
  • Cactus Jack/Maxx Payne def. Paul Roma/Paul Orndorff via DQ

No comments: