2018/07/03

Movie Review: Jurassic Dead


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this blog.  I am back after some time off to deal with personal stuff.  Today, 6/23/18 I am checking out the flick Jurassic Dead.  "A cracked scientist aligns with the Axis of Evil to bring down the US of A with EMP blasts, toxic zombification gas and an unleashing of the ultimate undead killing monstrosity -- the Z-REX"  It stars Matt Block, Cooper Elliott and Ben Johnson.  It currently has a 4.5/10 on IMDB with 98 votes.  I personally can't wait to see some zombie dinosaurs!

  • 80 minutes, probably a good running time for this flick
  • I already want this soundtrack!
  • So it is either get shot in the head or get eaten by a zombie dinosaur...I think I would pick the the gun shot in the head
  • The bald guy is the scientist?  Really?  Was Denise Richards busy?  BAM!
  • OH MY GOD THE BEST LOOKING DINOSAUR EVER!!
  • Seriously that was like the dinosaurs at Dinosaurs Alive at Impression 5 (That is a call back to my elementary days in Charlotte/Lansing Michigan area!)
  • What school only has like 10 students in a class?  Couldn't they give out free sandwiches and get more people?
  • Oh my god, this acting is awful!
  • Is this a found footage flick?  Oh....nope....damn
  • I don't think that was a real cigar!
  • So...um...no one saw this asteriod coming?  
  • Dear lord who wrote this?
  • Where are the zombie dinosaurs?  I was promised zombie dinosaurs
  • Wait...how is the helicopter still working?  No electronics in that?
  • It is nice to Yosemite Sam get work
  • 60 miles before nightfall.  Interesting
  • How am I suppose to know what is electronically and what is not?  Really?
  • Thank god for public domain music!
  • What is he shooting at...the gas?
  • I was thinking he looked Duke Nukem too!  Or Brian Knobbs if he was skinny
  • Is he a mix between Billy and Scare-Crow?
  • Wait...did Duke/Knobbs just fight the T-Rex hand to hand and knock it out?
  • Why is the T-Rex so small?
  • Have they not figured out that they are zombies?
  • Wait...are we going to hear redneck take a crap?  Not cool
  • Why is this flick celebrating the zombie Knobbs killing redneck guy with his own theme music?
  • Really?  Wasting the ammo on the metal door that just fell apart....who wrote this shit?
  • No nearly enough zombie dinosaurs eating humans and other dinosaurs and what not
I am so confused about this flick.  I thought only one soldier survived but I saw two plus a girl and why dod they have the dino head on their roof?  Also are they zombies or just flesh eaters?  
  • I do not usually add comments here but I think they put more effort into the credits!
  • Really?   A post credit scene in this flick?
I have no idea what I just watched.  I feel like the writers had an outline for the flick and just "We don't need anything more than this.  Each card is a scene and we are good."  It was disjointed and confusing and the dialog made what I wrote in Grade School good.  I cannot write dialog worth shit but sweat baby Jesus this made my dialog look like Shakespeare!  

The acting was over the top to just basically said like reading a queue card with no effort.  It was all over the place and not in a good way.  

The dinosaur was awful and made no sense and honestly did not anything to the film.  Could have just been zombies/infected and would have made more sense.  The inclusion of the T-Rex just muddied the waters.

Overall I give this a 3 only because the nerd girl and Duke Knobbs entertained me.  I guess you can watch this if you can find a copy but do not go out of your way.  It is bad and not in an entertaining train wreck sort of way!

No comments: