2018/07/28

Movie Review: Dead Shack


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 7/29/18, I am watching the zombie flick Dead Shack.  "While staying at a run-down cabin in the woods during the weekend, three children must save their parents from the neighbor who intends to feed them to her un-dead family."  It stars Matthew Nelson-Mahood, Lizzie Boys, Gabriel LaBelle.  It currently has a rating of 5.7 with 940 votes.  I remember seeing the concept trailer for this a year or two ago so I am excited to see this.  Should have joined the kick starter for it!


  • Is that a zombie with a shotgun?
  • Shit I think that was a zombie with a shotgun...and he used it.  That is worse then a hobo with a shotgun for sure!
  • Oh shit, the hulu dancer...this could become fallout as those damn things are everywhere in those games!
  • Colin is a total dick
  • Those two "bros" are zombie food for sure!
  • I kind of like Roger, he explains his jokes...I like to do that too!
  • What is a demon cow?
  • Dungeons and Dildos?  Where do I pick up that game?  I am asking for a friend
  • Did he just randomly get into that car?  Really?
  • This movie is why I do NOT go camping
  • Told you!  ZOMBIE FOOD!
  • That guy can dance!
  • Seriously this si why you do NOT go into the woods!
  • Why did the kids just stand there after throwing the rock?
  • I would skip the apologizing.  
  • Wait, it is okay, I think she is just Batman
  • So in this world does that dead body become the next zombie?
  • Strip go fish?
  • Yeah I really liking Roger!
  • That is a really nice shower for such a shitty cabin
  • Why does he NOT stop peeing
  • Sexy Cannibals IS a good band name
  • Never open a room that is locked from the OUTSIDE
  • Oh and a bar across it, yeah it is not a door you open in any world or universe
  • 40 and all he does is eat and watch cartoons...was this modeled after me?
  • That was a zombie!
  • That guy turned really quickly
  • Are they going to say the Z word?
  • Awesome!  He farts in peoples face!  Roger is my new spirit animal!
  • Awe yeah, the gearing up scene!
  • I do not want sound gay or anything but unicorns kick ass!
  • Kid zombies, always creepy!
  • Yeah Roger is my spirit animal for sure!
  • Roger has a little Ash Williams vibe going
  • BITCH!  SHE KILLED ROGER!!
  • Sledgehammer, nice choice!
That was a fun little flick.  I do not think the 5.7 fits this flick.  I give it a 7/10.  It was well done.  Honestly everything about it was well done.  The effects were perfect and appeared to be mostly practical.  

The acting was fine and every entertaining!  Roger and Colin and Summer were all great and Jason as the wet blanket nerdy kid was great.  I personally think that Roger stole the flick.

It was nice to see Lauren Holly in a smaller flick like this and she was good as well.  

The makeup was great and the fact that you do not see the gore and violence with most of it being implied I like better then a giant gore fest that so many flicks have become in later years

Honestly I would say if you enjoy decent written and performed horror movies this should be something you seek out.  

No comments: