2018/07/13

Movie Review: Truman Show


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 7/7/18, I am watching the Truman Show.  "An insurance salesman/adjuster discovers his entire life is actually a television show."  It stars Jim Carrey, Ed Harris and Laura Linney  I remember liking the flick when I saw it lets see how it holds up.

  • I am surprised we have not seen this done yet
  • It would be very hard to explain that...oh yeah using the old airplane in trouble excuse!
  • Good grief I would punch Truman even if I was on a TV Show
  • That is how celebrity stalkers start
  • That is how I feel about public transportation too!
  • Yeah everyone LOVES desk jobs!
  • Where the hell is Fiji?  Did they pick the dumbest people to stock the island?
  • That moon looks SO fake....oh right
  • Oh right they "killed off" his dad
  • How did these issues not happen before?
  • They are going to have to build a psycho ward after these few days
  • You would think that a show going this long would have a better wardrobe budget!
  • I would shove that trumpet up his ass!
  • How would she keep getting on set?  It makes no sense
  • That car is pretty good at driving on the beach and loose sands
  • Seriously they have not had any issues and suddenly several in two days?  Very strange and convenient!
  • THAT WAS ASSAULT!
  • Yeah Truman is going away for a while....to the looney bin!
  • And I thought I was going to get to see an amputation
  • This movie works so well because Carrey plays crazy so well
  • FOREST FIRE!
  • I am going to start doing a promo for things randomly in my life
  • Oh right pig vomit is in this flick
  • Really?  The return of the dad?  Jumping the shark boys and girls!
  • I wish my life was manipulated like this sometimes, always good things it seems
  • Mr. Burns!
  • Well he is a manipulator but so is everyone for someone are they not?
  • He might be suspicious now if he was not already
  • Where is Capt. Mike Rotunda when you need him?
  • Bonus points for those who got that reference
  • How does he know how to sail?
  • Talk about a true god complex
  • Talk about needing a lot of therapy!
  • Truman is like a whale in captivity, he cannot survive in the real world.  Should have killed him in the storm!
  • Why would people be happy?  The show is over
I gave this a 7/10 last time I rated this and I think it stands there.  IMDB has it at a 8.1/10 and I cannot argue with that just not there for me.  Enjoyable and probably his best work but it is also kind of artsy for my taste.  

The supporting cast is really what makes the movie in my opinion.  The best friend and the director are both fantastic performers.  

I think it would have been a fascinating flick to have been done as a real movie only to find it all out at the end that it was all manipulated.  Had the viewers be the real "Truman".  Interesting idea but cannot be done in this day and age with spoilers constantly.  

If you have not seen the flick check it out, it is good and has its comedic moments.  If you have seen it it is worth a second viewing in my opinion. 

Until next time...Abyssinia!

No comments: