2018/07/15

Movie Review: Bottom 100: Dragonball Evolution


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 7/15/18, I am checking out the IMDB Bottom 100 flick Dragonball Evolution.  It is currently #20 on the list.  "The young warrior Son Goku sets out on a quest, racing against time and the vengeful King Piccolo, to collect a set of seven magical orbs that will grant their wielder unlimited power."  It stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters and Yun-Fat Chow.  It currently has a 2.6 with just over 63k in votes.

  • Wow they are right into this...no intro...guess this is just for fans
  • Did they just say that the first rule is there are no rules?  Seriously?
  • The old man is cheating, he has a stick....well he did have a stick
  • So he is going to a crazy old man to be taught how to be normal?  Probably not the best approach sunshine
  • So they can just run people over and nothing is done...movie logic is so weird
  • Uggg, that haircut!  Even I know it is bad
  • What the fuck was that?  Some random day dream?
  • So Dragonball is about high school bullies?
  • Why did he dump his drink out?
  • Does he go to kung fu high school?
  • Bumblebee really wanted to stay in car form to take that abuse! 
  • If she liked different why did she date stereotypical high school bully?
  • Wait...what did Pikachu do to the old man?  Stop his heart?  Make his foot hurt?  I honestly could not tell
  • I will say this flick has decent pacing thus far.  Not a good movie but so far it has decent pacing
  • Is that Sholin Soccer on the wall?
  • What the hell are they talking about?  Stars?  None of this makes sense!
  • Good god who wrote this!
  • So this is what made the family in Shameless turn to drugs, the oldest daughter being in this movie!
  • Getting his clock cleaned?  
  • I am so confused...are the characters in the Anime this stupid?
  • He is just running after the car?  
  • Who possibly read this script and thought "yeah this is going to be a good one!"
  • Bulma actress Emmy Rossum has said its the worst of her career and that it is even worse while stoned.  How bad is a movie that is WORSE while stoned?
  • Oh Ernie Hudson...I am so sorry 
  • Wait...they are flirting now?
  • Again I had no idea Dragonball was a teenage coming of age drama
  • Do they explain how Chi-Chi and Bulma know each other?
  • Seriously why Ernie?  Not getting enough residuals from Ghostbusters and Crow?
  • Such dramatic boot putting on 
  • So he is now a wereape?
  • Oh good they repeated that rules line
  • So Chi-Chi is completely pointless in the flick
I really do not know what to say about this flick.  It was no horrible but it was extremely confusing for a non-fan and probably a fan if it does not really follow the stories of the anime.  For me i had no idea what was happening often and they said words but those words did not make sense.  Randomly talking about stars and fighting and people just being friends.  I do not get it.  

The pacing was good, at no point was I bored with the flick but I was often confused.  Why was Chi-Chi there?  Why was the random surfer guy there?  What is the timeline for this?  There are so many questions that there are no answers to.  

The actors did the best they could with what they were given I feel.  I do not blame them for this horribleness, I blame the writers and director.  I wonder if there is a better possible cut and may be they had a really bad editor or something as well.  

Overall I think the 2.6 is probably correct and I give it a 3/10.  This is because of the pacing of the flick and the acting was good for what they had.  

I really cannot say to watch this flick.  There is nothing good enough to put 85 minutes of your life into the viewing of this flick unless you are like me and like to watch bad movies.  

Until next time...remember....


No comments: