2018/07/21

Movie Review: Bottom 100: Glitter



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I am watching the 2001 flick Glitter.  It stars Mariah Carey, Eric Benét and Max Beesley.  "A young singer dates a disc jockey who helps her get into the music business, but their relationship become complicated as she ascends to super stardom."  I do not know anything about this flick other then as of 7/21/18 it is #18 on the bottom 100. 


  • Well this is not a bad way to start a flick, decent music
  • That scene seemed out of place and just there...weird....I can see pacing/storyline is probably going to be a problem
  • Born Under a Bad Sign should be a song that young lady sings I think
  • What was the point of that?  Yeah the scenes and pacing of this are flick are bad already
  • OH MY GOD SHE IS AWFUL!
  • Good grief the extras are awful in club scenes
  • Sadly the music did NOT stay good and the acting is even worse!
  • The way the one girl with the Michigan Sweats on makes me very embarrassed to be a fan!
  • This DJ seems EXTREMELY douchy if you ask me, like a poor mans Marky Mark mixed with "I only hit you because I love you baby" 
  • What is with the random slowmo and jump cuts?
  • Daddy?
  • It is sad that Carey can actually sing and usually does that screeching that she does
  • Why is she just in lingerie?
  • If Dice told me I was alive I would have to check my pulse because I would not believe anything he said
  • I think Dice is allergic to sleeves
  • This might surprise some of my readers but I have never been to a dance club...and I blame movies like this because it looks HORRIBLE
  • Oh shit Dice has sleeves on!!
  • This meeting looks like the rainbow coalition, one of every race color and creed
  • Because nothing bad can happen in three minutes!
  • What?  They are kissing?  NO!
  • For just having "slept together" they look very clean and kept
  • So many of these scenes are pointless!
  • Good grief this music video is awful!
  • This flick seems like a bunch of sketches thrown together into a flick
  • Strangely I agree with Dice, the whole sex thing is not needed with real talent
  • No one has bought him anything before?  Really?  
  •  She can play the piano?
  • I hate having my back to doors because of that, creepy guys watching me...
  • What the fuck is up with those outfits...maybe I have not watched enough award shows
  • Yep he is the "I only hit you because I love you" type guy
  • Of course she forgives him for him being an asshole
  • That was screaming?
  • Like they would really send her to bail Dice out...good grief
  • How can she walk down the street without people knowing its her?
  • Wait..he has a piano?  
  • Yep, you need to have a verbally abusive guy in your life
  • So that is where Miz got it from, my hand goes up your mouth goes shut!
  • If we all clap our hands and hope enough Dice will live!
Well that was not a good film that is for sure.  Does it belong in the bottom 100...not at 18 that is for sure.  It is not the 18th worse flick on IMDB for sure.  I realize there is a number of votes requirements and what not but this does not deserve to be near the top.

The pacing is bad and the acting is subpar but I blame the director and editor actually.  There were glimpses of decent acting and it shows me that it was possible.  They just needed the right directions.  Also the writer was awful.  I feel like they needed to let these people be themselves so to speak because a lot of the dialog seemed force

Overall I give it a 4/10, twice the current rating because it does NOT deserve a 2 in my opinion!

No comments: