2018/08/04

Movie Reivew: John Wick


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 8/4/18, I am checking out the flick John Wick.  It stars Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist and Alfie Allen.  "An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that killed his dog and took everything from him." 


  • Well this is a slow start
  • Well that is a bad guy, he is always a bad guy...even when he is not 
  • No action movie should make me...OH MY GOD IT IS A BEAGLE?  THEY ARE GOING TO HURT A BEAGLE?
  • Beagles are the bestest doggies!  Now I miss Ace, thanks a lot stupid movie
  • Oh Russians....they are horrible in movies.  Thankfully in real life they only look out for our best interest in real life!
  • If they did that to my dog....I would probably do what John ends up doing to these guys.  I have always said you can do anything to me but if you mess with my dog watch out!
  • Honestly why would they hurt the puppy who did nothing.  The puppy did NOTHING!
  • Nice response....oh
  • I think there is going to be some mayhem in this movie.  Because that is Mr. Mayhem...get it...oh never mind
  • Is the guy in charge the most interesting man in world?
  • Yeah that is how I would have responded too, and I think that is very civilized
  • If he can do what this guy says why bother trying to kill him?  Give up your kid and take the lost if you ask me
  • Nice that he has his own "cleaning" crew
  • Looking at the cast of this movie there are some good performers in this 
  • I think I just saw Big Sexy....hopefully he will bust out his Super Shredder outfit
  • Big Sexy has a decent Russian accent!
  • I thought Wick had the Hershel infinite bullet cheat from the Walking Dead but he finally had to reload
  • I would think that throw over the balcony would break his back
  • So the Goblin just saved Wick so he can kill him himself, smart thinking on the Goblins part, makes me Green with envy...get it!
  • I like that it is not about the money
  • I hate blood splatter on the camera in movies and TV
  • Should have just given your son up to begin with
  • It is never just a fucking dog!
  • Damn Goblin was on his side.  I thought it was about the money.  So disappointed
  • Poor Goblin, should have been after the money, it is about the money, always the money
  • This flick is getting a little long in the tooth 
Well that was something.  It was pretty good aside from being long.  It needed to have probably 15-20 minutes shaved off, make it around 80 or 90 minutes.  At over 100 minutes I felt it was just too long.  Plus a few too many storylines with the Ms. Perkins and Marcus storyline and the hotel story as well.

Currently it has a 7.3 with nearly 400,000 votes.  I think this is probably about right.  I give it a 7/10.  I am interested in seeing the second one especially with the third one being filmed currently.  This is worth checking out if you enjoy a good old fashion revenge story!

No comments: