2018/08/14

Movie Review: Blockers


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this review.  Today, 7/7/18, I am checking out the 2018 flick Blockers.  It stars  Leslie Mann, John Cena and Ike Barinholtz.  "Three parents try to stop their daughters from losing their virginity on prom night."  This flick looked very fun when it was out in the theaters so checking it out now.

  • Yeah Sam's dad is a damn douche
  • Seriously the thing with the underwear is a horrible nightmare that I have
  • I am still friends with my friends from High School
  • Leslie Mann is so weird
  • If I had kids when they were young I would have basically been Cena
  • 10 dicks then one mound?  Are mounds that bad?
  • Are teenagers really like this?  
  • Told you he was a douche!
  • Who plays darts?
  • Nothing wrong with stealing crackers!
  • Oh yeah I would not trust that Conner kid?
  • Uggg, snooping parents drive me crazy, I would not be one of those
  • Wait...there is already booze in the limo?
  • Yeah...I would be John Cena if I had a teenage daughter.  Even with the fanny pack
  • Prom was nothing like this when I went!
  • Seriously who smirks that much!
  • You can not un-see that!
  • GOOD GRIEF!  That eye contact would mess me up even as an adult!
  • Cena is right, those kind of shirts do look stupid untucked
  • Seriously is butt chugging a thing?  Because...wrong
  • That cape makes her magical!
  • Vomit is gross
  • Trying to give the limo a pit maneuver isn't right
  • Cats will do that!
  • Cena is going to see some things here I am afraid....things he does NOT want to see...mostly more man ass....oh that was NOT just man ass
  • What the fuck kind of music is this?
  • That was a hell of a combat roll!
  • I did not want to see John Cena ASS!!
That was strangely entertaining...a horrible soundtrack but entertaining.  It has a 6.4/10 on IMDB and I think I agree with that, 6/10.  It was good but not the laugh out loud comedy I was expecting.  A little too much "heartfelt feelings" for me.  That is what is wrong with these kind of comedies now, has to have those "feels" and what not.  Personally I just wanted it to be a raunchy comedy!

However it is worth seeing because everyone does a decent to good job.  John Cena actually did a really good job in it.  He will most likely never have the career the Rock has had but he is not a bad performer at all.  Put him in the right roles and he is entertaining and does have some good comedic timing.

It is not the classic I was hoping it would be but funny enough and had me laughing out loud a few times so if you catch it on cable or if it hits the streaming services worth checking out.

No comments: