2017/10/16

Movie Review: Hell House LLC


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this entry.  Today (10/05/17) I am checking out the flick Hell House LLC.  As of today it has a 6.4 on IMDB with 1906 votes.  "Five years after an unexplained malfunction causes the death of 15 tour-goers and staff on the opening night of a Halloween haunted house tour, a documentary crew travels back to the scene of the tragedy to find out what really happened."  It stars Gore Abrams, Alice Bahlke and Danny Bellini.

  • Ah a fake documentary/lost footage...interesting
  • That guys beard is awesome!
  • This is weird...I'm not sure what is happening right now...which I think is the point
  • So it'd be hard to deal with but you're now going to tell us?  
  • Hitch is not a good flick
  • These are the kind of people I hate in real life
  • Really?  Staying overnight there?  Not enough money in the world
  • What was in that bottle?  I know I wouldn't drink it
  • A little rapey?
  • That piano shouldn't be even close to that in tune after 30 years
  • Dear lord tell me he isn't naked!
  • Doesn't find it weird that Sara did that?
  • He does know that everyone is going to be watching this so perving on your friends girlfriend probably isn't the best idea
  • I don't know how many times I see the world hanged, it just doesn't look right!
  • That is true, Abaddon is a pretty evil name
  • Yes go investigate a strange noise, that is always wise...especially considering you know you're in a haunted hotel
  • I'm...I'm kind of bored right now
  • And there is Tony in the other room obviously
  • Is the mask blood in the basement? (I went back and it is)
  • Well, that should alarm the guys...and then it is nothing?  They don't ask her more then that?  I know I would!
  • I hate strobe lights
  • Its weird that they keep showing their own scares
  • It never made sense to me in these found footage flicks that the first thing people do is grab their camera
  • For the record clowns are kind of creepy, especially Halloween clowns
  • They are doing the weird staring at walls thing that they did in Paranormal Activity
  • Why go looking for the clown/dummy?  Obviously the correct path is to leave the hotel completely....or to run upstairs...yes upstairs is the correct path in movie logic
  • Why the jump cut?  If this was just his recording it wouldn't be there
  • Also why does he have the camera on?
  • Man movie logic makes no sense
  • Did he just hide under his covers?  Really?  
  • That is the same song that Paul played earlier!
  • I will say that they build the suspense well in the flick
  • I think I'd turn on the lights in the basement but that is just me
  • Yeah he looked normal
  • It never made sense that the tapes in these things have "glitches"
  • Really?  I don't care what he told me there is no way I'd stay after things turned that can't turn. Nope
  • Its a little hard to see what is going on there
  • Wait...go to the basement?  Really?  Where everyone was running from?
  • Oh there is not going to be a room 2C
  • Yeah...break in....nothing bad will happen to you guys if you break in
  • More movie logic, scared and being hunted by robed killers...lets pick up the camera
  • Well that ending was predictable
I have to say I give this pretty much what the average is, 6/10.  It was good and had its moments of suspense but overall it felt predictable and done.  They didn't really break any new ground and honestly now that I think of it it feels like they just took aspects of a lot of the Paranormal Activity flicks and threw them together here.

The acting was okay.  I honestly feel like Melissa, the girl in the basement, was the most natural and had the smallest role.  

If you are looking for a decent to okay horror flick for the holiday season this isn't bad but it isn't anything special.

No comments: