2016/10/23

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Episode 1


The Walking Dead returned today as Season 7 has begun.  Here are my thoughts as it happened boys and girls
  • Is that fresh blood?  Yeah that is fresh blood
  • Are they going to kiss?  I think they're going to kiss!  Negan and Rick...sitting in the tree...
  • WHO IS IT!
  • Rick ain't so tough!
  • This is all Ricks fault, three seasons of his bad decisions has lead the group to this point
  • I love that they are milking this.  I can feel people screaming on their couches, I know my lovely girlfriend is
  • MOTHERDICK!!!  But going out by saying "Suck...my...nuts" is the way to go out!
  • I am going to miss Abraham
  • I CALLED IT!  The way he was standing there with his back to him.  Goodbye Glenn
  • Chris Hardwick wasn't lying that we'd need therapy after this episode!
  • Can't completely blame Ricky boy for Glenn.  That one is on Daryl
  • That KFC commerical might be the worst of their commercials
  • Just when I didn't think commercials could be worse the Pizza Roll one was shown
  • How did dipshit Rick drop the axe?
  • I probably would have been snarky and said "your axe...sir"
  • Carl doesn't know what a south paw is?
  • Dotted line?
  • I LOVE NEGAN!
  • Did Rick become part dog?
  • Maggie has bigger balls then Rick
  • Why wasn't it Sasha?  I don't like her
  • Of course Carl put the stupid hat back on
Well that was interesting.  I did not expect two deaths.  I had thought they would have Maggie die to surprise us but they did not.  Abraham fell and that makes me sad.  I really liked his character but looking back at last seasons character arc it made sense.  I am sorry to see the character to fall as I love his sayings.  "Motherdick" and "Dolphin Smooth".  Plus his dynamic with Eugene was great.

Glenn however, I didn't care about.  I felt like his character had overstayed his welcome.  I felt his "death" back in the city with Nicholas would have been perfect.  They however kept him going for this death.  I understand that but I still felt his death was expected by this point.

They did an awesome job of Negan being this complete asshole yet I loved him.  He is PERFECT! Not as cool as the Governor but will end up being an excellent villain for seasons to come.

As I am typing this my lovely girlfriend is laying down on the couch with an upset stomach after the episode.  It amazes me how this show, and so many others, gets to the audience.  I am that way with Doctor Who so I understand.  It amazes me and shows how powerful this medium can be.

Well I have a kitchen to clean and the Talking Dead to watch.  Good night all!

Update:

They just showed a great recap of a few of "Glenns" greatest moments and my girlfriend is tearing up.  For the record I still get teary eye watching #10 regenerate and when Clara falls so I understand.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I figured Glenn was going only because I thought he was really gone last time but people were putting up such a fuss they kept him alive and then he survived under that dumpster. So yes, it was time he went for sure. I do like how Abe went out. You knew he would be tough and go out tough with his saying and also looking right at Negan while everyone else was on their knees looking down at the ground. I watched Talking dead and that was very interesting. I liked how everyone booed when the actor that plays Negan came out, that means he did his job well. It's like watching soap operas back in the day, when the actors play their parts so well you get sucked in and believe whom they are. As for Rick, well you know they all had a choice and they didn't have to follow him all this time so to say it's all Rick's fault, nope. They had a choice. Going to be an exciting season. Looking forward to the other group and what's going on with Carol.