2016/10/27

Movie Review: Cell


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...I am back with a new movie review.  This time I am checking out the flick Cell.  Over on IMDB as of 10/23/16 it has a rating of 4.3.  Based on the book by Stephen King of the same name.  "When a mysterious cell phone signal causes apocalyptic chaos, an artist is determined to reunite with his young son in New England."  It stars John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson and Isabelle Fuhrman.  It is a movie that has been in develop and distribution hell for years.  It was finally released to DVD recently.

  • This flick went straight to DVD, which surprises me with the cast
  • Its weird that in the copy I'm watching the credits block out part of the flick, wonder if it isn't a full copy
  • I'll admit, this is one of my favorite King books
  • Do people actually use those weird toilet paper cover things?
  • John Cusack is one weird looking guy at times
  • Interesting...it is anyone on their phones, not just talking on them; I can't remember how it was in the book, I just assumed talking
  • Gotta make sure you put the beanie on!
  • At this point I'd like to point out that these are not zombies people, I will punch anyone in the throat that says they are zombies or have rabies 
  • Hmmm, I don't like that they are traveling in packs; very similar to 28 Days Later
  • Alice is too old...I think...I envisioned her much younger when I read the book
  • Well that is weird...communication between others groups?
  • They all have their heads down and are flocking up to keep warm, just like birds, like Alice said
  • Hive mind?
  • Stacy Keach, always a good actor
  • Charles Ardai/Stacy Keach has a great idea...to quote the Doctor....BURN WITH ME!

  • That is a horrible sound!
  • Bye bye headmaster
  • Shared nightmares, never good
  • What does it matter if they're Americans?
  • Just looked up Alice in wikipedia and in the book she was 15.  Glad I remembered that correctly
  • Nice; and people deny evolution
  • Good grief the Mass accent sounds so horrible!
  • He doesn't believe the son left that note does he?
  • Well that music was random and off
  • Well...well that ending was...well not what I expected
Well that was an interesting flick.  I can't say it was bad but it wasn't great either.  It felt...rushed...and like it was edited poorly.  Like huge chunks of the flick were left on the cutting room floor.

I give the flick a 6/10.  I enjoyed i and the story but again I felt like things were missing.  They could have skipped the entire school section and just had them run into Ray and Denise while they were torching the group they did.  Just felt out of place since it happened so quickly

I guess I felt it needed to be longer but then again that is the problem with Stephen King books turned into films, they have to cut out so much you feel robbed.

Overall not a bad flick but I can't say rush out to see it.  If you like the actors it is worth watching.  If you were a fan of the book....well I'll leave it up to you.  However I will say it was enjoyable.

No comments: