2016/10/02

Movie Review: Grizzly Man


Today I'm checking out the documentary Grizzly Man.  "A devastating and heartrending take on grizzly bear activists Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard, who were killed in October of 2003 while living among grizzlies in Alaska."  I've checked this flick out before but I'm returned to it again.

  • Yeah, this guy is normal
  • Hey I do that too!  There is nothing like scratching your back against a tree/door jam
  • How clinically insane was this guy?
  • Hey stylized himself as Prince Valiant?  That explains the hair!
  • He knows the language of the bear?  
  • Four garbage bags of "people" 
  • This pilot is right in my opinion, not real smart on Tim's part
  • Why send hate mail....oh it wasn't sent to Tim I guess, just to the ecologist in general
  • This fox footage is amazing, playing with the tent
  • Love that he is mad about the fox stealing his hat
  • I have no desire to get into the bears "world"
  • Jewel Palovak is very weird looking...this is a weird scene...getting a dead mans watch
  • Werner Herzog is a horrible narrator!
  • Amy isn't suppose to be on camera, it wasn't her story throughout the footage
  • The coroner is REALLY creepy...which isn't surprising given his job
  • Why would you want to listen to that?  Why?
  • Watching those bears fight just once is all it would take for me to not be out there.  Imagine what they could do to a human...There is nothing you can do to stop that....nothing
  • He had a pet squirrel?
  • Who goes and watched people get sentenced?  What a bunch of weird people!
  • I wonder if his life had been different had he gone on medication like his doctor suggested
  • The man is insane...he just binged that bears nose!
  • Thank god they didn't play the audio of the attack
There you go, the man was insane.  I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but he was.  That doesn't mean he was a bad person but he was chemically imbalanced, as a person who has an imbalance myself, I can see it in people sometimes.  The irrational hatred of things or people (see the scene where he loses it on the park service).  The extreme highs and lows.  I honestly believe that if he had taken his medicine he would be alive because he would have seen he was risking his life over and over again.

That isn't to say that he wasn't dedicated to a cause and I respect those who are but he risked his life and the life.  He also gave a very poor message that wild animals aren't to be respected.  The museum employee implied that and I believe it as well.

Don't think that I am saying that he should have died because I don't believe that.  He should be alive and still fighting for the safety of bears and their homeland.  

Overall I think it is a very good film but I am sorry that he man had to lose his life to get his message out. 

No comments: