2015/11/08

Doctor Who: The Zygon Inversion



I'm back a day late and a dollar short to watch the Zygon Inversion.  "With the Zygons invading England, and UNIT neutralized, the Doctor stands alone to stop the Zygons from taking over the entire planet. But how can he stop the Zygons? And how can he save his friends?"  We last saw the Doctor with Osgood on the Presidential plane as Z-Clara shot a rocket at it.  How ever will the Doctor get out of this!  HE IS DOOOOOOMED!

  • Well that is tooth paste, that makes sense
  • Is she getting random input from her double?  COOL!
  • Weird she has slight control.  Wonder how that will come back
  • Set him free?
  • Wait...was he already a Zygon or did she turn him into on?  My guess is he already was one
  • Really?  A parachute?  Way to go Doctor Disco!
  • Now I wonder what IS in the Doctor's browser history
  • John Disco?
  • Classic distraction
  • Peter Capaldi has a creepy smile
  • Jenna Coleman has a GREAT smile!
  • a built in lie detector....interesting
  • Oh no, the creepy lighting.  The creepy lighting is never a good thing
  • What about the mind wiping thingy in the archive?
  • Why wake Clara up?
  • Loving the Doctors speech!
  • Can Zygons clone Zygons?
  • The Judge of Time?  I like that...the Judge
Well that was amazing!  These episode are why I love Doctor Who.  Episodes that have a slight message but don't get all preachy because they're doing it a great speech.  

This felt like a David Tennant/Russell T. Davies episodes to be honest.  I could see #10 doing this episode but I don't think he could have given the speech at the end the same.  Peter has more history to draw on, more memories.  Oh don't get me wrong #10 would have been great, #11 would have been good but #12 was just the right time.

I don't know if Moffat wrote this or not as he has a writing credit but it might be because he is the show running but it reminds me that he really is one of my favorite Doctor Who writers.  Not my favorite show runner (even thought there has only been two) but one of my favorite writers.

These last two episodes had good to great acting, good pacing (a little drawn out at times) and the story itself fantastic.  It made me not hate Osgood nearly as much as I did.  Made me continue to love #12.  Reminded me that if Clara does actually leave (hey rule number one, the Doctor always lies) I'll be extremely disappointed.  All the companions have been good (even Donna Noble) but I REALLY like Clara.  She is the perfect mix of good and bad, ying and yang, young and old, and personally I think she is the best actress to be in the role (her and Martha).  

I will be sad and if what few headlines I've seen probably shed a tear what Clara leaves the TARDIS. My only hope is that they find a way to give her happiness with Pink...but its Doctor Who and that doesn't usually happen does it?   The only good thing about Clara leaving is we'll get to see how it effects the Doctor which could be very bad!

Now I'm sad thinking about the show without Clara!  Damn you Doctor Who, you're such a wonderful show but you always make me think about things I don't want to think about.  It is also what makes you so wonderful!

Until next time, just close the boxes boys and girls...next time they might not just be a two buttons. Talk it out, love each other...and as a last resort go out for a drink with each other, the Winchester is a wonderful place to ride out the end of the world I hear!

No comments: