2015/11/14

Doctor Who: Sleep No More review



Good morning, afternoon or evening, whenever it is you're reading me.  Tonight the Doctor and Clara return in Sleep No More.  "Vision recovered from the wreckage of Le Verrier Space Station shows how the Doctor and Clara became entangled in a rescue mission. As the footage plays out, a horrifying secret is uncovered."  I don't know if they can follow up after the Zygon episodes but lets find out shall we!

  • The Ring vs. The Doctor?  Watch out for a creepy girl Doctor!
  • Oh no, it is more Paranormal Activity meets Doctor Who
  • Clara?  Where did Clara and the Doctor come from?
  • I love the psychic paper!  Now all we need is the return of the screwdriver
  • And the running has started.  8 minutes in...not bad
  • Those aren't Zygons that is for sure!
  • Wait...how did the pod grab Clara?  
  • Is this Back to the Future suddenly?
  • I love angry Doctor!
  • They mostly come at night....mostly
  • Chopra reminds me of the kid from the Satan Pit episodes
  • Changes the fundamental chemistry?  Yeah that's not a problem I'm sure
  • Sleep dust?  Really?  Well that isn't great
  • The song?  Good grief
  • Deep sure isn't much of a singer
  • Wow those monster costumes aren't much are they?  Throwbacks to the old Doctor Who
  • Wait what just happened?  What happened to Rassmussen?  Chopra and 474?  I'm confused
  • Sleep isn't an inconvenience it is AWESOME!
  • Why haven't they taken a shot yet?  
  • The Gods have NOT looked favorably upon these folks
  • Sandmen?
  • Are they all in the Pods?  OH MY GOD THEY ARE!  Is this the Christmas episode all over again?
  • They can't see?  But they found Rassmussen easily didn't they?
  • So this is how they write Clara off the show.  Clara the Sandman
  • If they aren't in the Pods is Rassmussen the next evolution of the Sandmen?
  • I'm back to my theory that they are in the pods
  • And I'm once again wrong
Wait...I'm confused!  So did the video get out?  Do we all die in the 38 Century?  Or did the Doctor get down and destroy all the pods before hand?

Well that was a weird episode?  I feel like it was right there in being a good episode but was missing something.  Oh right a coherent plot!  I'm disappointed in Mark Gatiss, the writer, as he is next in line most say to be the next show runner.  But looking back I'm not a fan of most of his episodes.

I didn't like the acting, the random "facts" but not explaining anything that Doctor Who is famous for but good grief there were several in this once.  The plot didn't quite make sense and I feel like they didn't have a proper ending so just left it with this vague bullshit.

After two excellent episodes this was a let down.  But there is always next week right?  Until next time....RUN!

No comments: