2010/12/17

Heroes

I know I went off the other day on the Senate and the Republicans the other day. As I write this I am watching last night's Daily Show. If you can go out and watch it. Jon sits down with four men who are dying...DYING...due to 9/11. They talked about a guy who died of face cancer. FACE CANCER! I've never even heard of face cancer. The guy had his nose fall of. His nose fell off and he recently passed on and these jerks can't work through the week before Christmas because its disrespectful to the families.

I haven't heard Glenn Beck talk about this. I haven't heard Bill O'Reilly rage on this. It's just Jon Stewart in the media making the noise. Where is Keith Olberman or Rachael Maddow? I honestly wish I was a real broadcast journalist because I would not be quiet about this. If I had any real outlet I would gladly get fired for this. If anyone deserved to be treated with respect and given something its these people. These heroes.

No yelling this time. No screaming this time. No swearing. This has gone from that yelling type outrage to the boiling white hot anger that I rarely have...if I've ever had. Each and ever member of the Senate should be impeached. Each and every one of them.

I am seriously going to send a letter to each and every member of the Senate and tell them how I fell. I encourage my singles and singles of readers to do the same. While I know it won't have any affect, it is all I can think to do. If I could I would give my insurance to any one of those heroes. If I could I give them the blood in my veins. I would give just about anything I have to these heroes because the people did what very few people would do.

I don't believe in God or miracles but during this holiday season I hope there is one and those in charge pull their heads out and realize what is important. If you do believe God say a pray for those who are seriously suffering for their heroism.

Its rare that I get this serious but I hope all of you who read this understand that this isn't a usual blog for me. This is something I have never felt more serious about. It disgusts me beyond believe that we are doing this and...well for the first time in my life...in all seriousness....I am ashamed of my country. The greatest country in the world and we should all be ashamed.

-Gene Bennett

No comments: