2010/12/16

A brief zombie story

After my ranting the other day I thought I would do something else today. A brief funny (or so I'm told) story. Saturday night I slept like crap. The power went out and I can't sleep in silence. When it was morning I wasn't in the mood to go into work but it was that time. I walked out and there she was. Standing across the parking lot behind the other building. She was just standing there looking at the ground. Not moving an inch. Just standing there. My first thought was....it has started. I stood there watching her for a few seconds and I was waiting for her to look up and moan. But here is what the folks at work thought was funny. My next thought, while waiting for the moan, was that she was just one, I can take one. When the moan didn't come I started walking and I saw she was just watching her rat dog take a shit. I thought to myself...I need to let up on the zombie stuff. Of course by the time I got to work I was deciding which zombie book I would be reading next. That night I heard someone/thing dragging something down the steps. I got up and made sure my door was locked and looked around for a weapon. I saw the steel chairs against the wall and I thought, that will take out one. I might be losing it but damn it I'll be prepared when the war goes down. Also...I'm not sure if that lady wasn't a zombie. She didn't move the entire time and that was fricking weird!

4 comments:

Randall Case said...

Keep the faith Geno! You're only crazy until it happens and then you're a visionary!

Angela Sandberg said...

We were discussing zombie apocalypse response plans the other night, while closing.

MammaAllauque said...

OK, so I just read this to my men. A 10-minute conversation ensued on the various weapons we have in the house, followed by a debate on whether the zombies would go for the rabbits. It was ultimately decided that either way, the rabbits would be a good distraction.

Geno said...

Most modern zombies seem to go after anything living, however I believe in the original Romero movies the Z-Heads just went after humans. I could be wrong there as I also seem to remember a scene of one of them eating a rat but that could have been in one of the remakes. World War Z they go after animals. In the book I'm currently reading they will even eat other Z's after a certain amount of time which I am not a fan of at all. Personally my plan of using the dog and strapping a baby to his back seems to be a better distraction but some people seem to believe that it is wrong to do that. If you knew my dog all he would do is round up as many Z's as he could and bring them back, smiling the whole way because he is evil and hates me. He would probably even sit there and watch as they ate me knowing that vindictive evil puppy. I think he is plotting against me right now!