2010/07/25

We are going to war.....

One of my favorite shows is back on TV, Whale Wars on Animal Planet. Why do I love this show? Because the people are so damn dumb on the show. I've written about the show before so I won't go off too much on the show. Man am I excited though.

I think the South Park episode, which features an amazing version of Poker Face sung by Cartman, agrees with everything I've said about the show.

Now let me say again I don't disagree with the sea shepard's cause. IF the Japanese fleet is just whaling against international law then that is wrong but there is no proof of that.

This past year Bob Barker donated something like 5 million dollars. FIVE MILLION! Now I am no hippie or anything like that. But imagine if Bob had donated that money to a New York soup kitchen. Or to the public schools of Texas for books.

I am an animal lover to a certain extent. However if it came down to a whale or a human, I pick human. If we didn't have so many people that needed help in this country then things might be different.

Do I want to see whales die? Of course not. But then again you can ask people if they want to see cows die and they would say no. I on the other hand want to see cows die to feed my fat ass, my dog...who loves hamburgers and my friends who want to eat the goodness that is hamburg. Hell if I ate whale I might love it and want it all the time. The same is true for human...should I ever eat human I might crave it. Boy I really went off there....what was my point...I don't remember.

Anyway the other thing I hate is that Paul Watson, the 'admiral' of the Sea Shepards, is always talking about being willing to die for the whales. However in all the years it's never been him that has done anything to risk his life other then taking the trip itself. When the shepards boarded the enemy ships it wasn't Paul going. When they go throw their stink bombs it's not him in the speed boats.

Overall I just think the people involved have their priorities wrong. I respect the people (aside from Paul and the few people that have really drank his kool-aid) for their dedication. Unfortunately they are just following Captain Ahab. Yes I know the irony of using that reference and it made me smile.

So until next time be prepared for war!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay I don't watch so explain. Are they trying to stop people from whaling? Now I think if people use all the whale like the eskimos do then let people whale. Now if they are going extinct then that's another matter. I agree about the cow, we like cow so we eat cow. So if there are people out there eating whale, just like us eating tuna or any other kind of fish, then go for it. If there are people out there killing whale just to kill then that's wrong. So like I said explain the show to me a bit. TY.

Geno said...

The Japanese Whaling Fleet are doing research on these animals if you believe them. They then sell the meat after. Watson and company believe they are just whaling which is illegal. The difference between whales and tuna would be that whales are endangered. The fleet set a limit, such as this year 50 humpback whales. Watson believes no whales should be killed. I don't have a side on if whaling should be done because I don't care but I do care that Watson is a tool. He talks about giving your life for whales but he doesn't do anything but sit on his boat and take phone calls while men like Paul Bethune put their life and freedom on the line. I'll talk more about Paul in my next blog.