2010/07/28

The Colony

Today another of my favorite shows returned. The Colony returned for another season. For those of you who aren't familiar with the show it takes 8 "normal" people and puts them into an end of the world situation. This year it is after a nuclear flu. I really like the show because I sit here and yell at the TV on what they do. Of course I realize that I would probably be the WORST person to put in this situation.

I can see me doing one of two things. Either being the fuck it type and doing jack shit because its the end of the world. The other would be to be completely bossy and taking charge not really knowing jack shit about shit.

One thing I think you can guarantee is that I would be damn entertaining...but of course my 'colorful' language might not make the air.

My problem with the show is that its always carpenters and mechanics. I suppose its possible that a random group of people could have these things but isn't more likely that it has the video game nerds and stuff like that.

Its great that as I was typing that a guy went and took a nap and everyone freaked out. I would be napping all the time. Actually I probably wouldn't be doing that. I would probably be the guy gathering manuals and what not to learn.

Alright this season is MUCH cooler than last year. Already we have fights and shit. That is much more realistic than last year. The only thing I see watching is that none of the 'colonist' were really swinging. I would be gouging eyes, biting, punching.

But again who knows. I would LOVE to be on this show. I mean that in all seriousness. I've got no skills that would be beneficial in that situation it would be something to learn what I could do when put in that situation.

If you haven't seen the show I suggest it. It is an interesting and atleast to me entertaining show.

No comments: