2010/07/06

Doctor Who

I would like to throw my hat into the ring to be the 12th doctor whenever that happens. You've had a lot of different doctors but you've never had a fat hairy doctor now have you?

Lets be honest, what is the fan base but fat hairy nerds. HELLO! Right here...fat hairy nerd!

Seriously though I think it would be interesting to see what the fan base would think for a more average looking Doctor Who. So far all the modern docs have been what most people would consider above average. They also have had above average companions, well with Donna *MAYBE* being the exception as some would call her average. But Rose I think not and Martha sure wasn't anything to sneeze at either.

Plus an American Doctor, think of the fan boys freaking out! It would be epic! Hell the producers should just do it for one show just to freak them out. Throw in an average looking (or maybe even blow if you use me) American...it would be brilliant.

In all seriousness though it is one of the best show on TV right now. After months of being told to watch I love it. It has you laughing one minute and crying the next. It has such great writing and for the most part great acting. Not a huge fan of Catherine Tate, a bit over the top for me, but she was great at the end as Doctor Donna.

I've even begun hunting down the older series just to get the entire history. I'm sure they will be campy as it was the 70's and a few even before that but like Star Trek or Transformers there is such a rich history that I don't want to miss out on.

However back to the original idea. This goes out to Russell T. Davies, the writer of a majority of the episodes, Mr. Davies, Russell, Russ, give it a long hard thought. When Matt is done or you're done with him think about giving a friend from across the pond a chance. One episode, hell half an episode, it couldn't hurt could it?

No comments: