2010/07/10

The Waters of Mars

I just watched the final episode of Doctor Who with David Tennant as the doctor. Well not exactly as I missed an episode and it might have been the best of his run. I don't want to ruin much but in it the Doctor does something that I wanted to see him do and we see what happens when he does it.

I always thought that Tennant was missing a certain something that I wanted to see in the doctor and he shows it in this episode, god does he ever. We had seen flashes of it. We see it briefly in the Runaway Bride. However we see the whole thing here.

I've said it before but it is one of the best written shows on TV. But its not just that. The acting everything is fantastic. You can almost believe Tennant when he is on the screen. He was able to suck me in and make me believe, which is something I want.

As much as I hate it the show makes you care about these characters. The last line Tennant says as the doctor is "I don't want to go". I think every fan said the same thing. I haven't brought myself to watching Season 5 yet. I don't like the look of Matt Smith. I've heard he is a mix of Doctor's 9 and 10. If so its what I've wanted since Tennant took over. Tomorrow probably as I've got the day off.

To the writers of Season 1-4, thank you. Christoper and David thank you. If you enjoy science fiction then watch this show. More importantly if you like well written TV with character development, plot and something that will make you think yet entertain then watch this show.

Until next time....abyssinia!

No comments: