2017/11/09

Movie Review: The Accountant


Good morning, good afternoon good evening...whenever it is you have found this review.  Today (9/26/17) I am checking out The Accountant.  "As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities, and the body count starts to rise."  It stars Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick and J.K. Simmons.  As of today the flick has a 7.4 with 186,772 votes.

  • Uggg, this movie is over 2 hours
  • I just re-read the synopsis from IMDB and for somer eason made me laugh
  • Is this....that flick with Bruce WIllis and the autistic kid?
  • Strange....they just described a lot of my "issues"
  • The little kid looks like a young Jared from Subway...the irony there is....not wasted on me
  • Good accountant, finding the duductions
  • YAY JK SIMMONS!
  • The number three is very soothing.....
  • Okay I'm not that bad!
  • I feel sorry for people who have to deal with children with those issues, it would not be easy at all
  • Jeffrey Tambor is in this too?
  • Why is Affleck's character in jail?  Hope we find out why
  • Who is this guy?
  • Very good cast in this flick
  • Shane?  I do like me some Shane
  • I do kind of like Wolff, I understand him.  I work very hard NOT to be him
  • Gotta have a pocket protector, I've ruined a few shirts myself
  • Uggg, stop talking and leave him alone, I hate people who won't shut up and talk to you
  • Who knew account was so cool?  I would have gone into it!
  • Stuff being out of order sucks...and what is with the leg rolling thing?
  • You won't be able to follow a guy like this I don't think, but maybe I'm wrong
  • Not your typical book keeper 
  • I can't figure out, is he a good guy or a bad guy?
  • I would like that camper, its nice
  • Don't use sarcasm?  Really?  That is just....weird
  • I find this a weird role for Anna, I know she does multiple roles but mostly see her in comedies I feel (or maybe I watch more comedies)
  • That is a plan, not sure if it a great plan
  • Bet she didn't have designs on that...because she was on designing women...
  • This flick is getting long in the tooth I'll be honest...damn should have come up with a better pun...maybe a Wolff pun....screw it I'll stick with it
  • Different does scare people...
  • So is "Shane" cleaning up/protecting his brother?  No...he doesn't know who the accountant is
  • Freak?  "Shane" is starting to understand/figure it out I think
  • I wonder how true this kind of stuff is?  I wonder if this kind of thing has happened
  • DAMN!
  • Never understood smoke, doesn't it hamper both sides equally typically?
  • Triple tap, good thinking
  • I forget that Affleck can be a pretty good actor at times
  • Wait...he didn't change he clip till AFTER he got there?
  • Family drama always sucks
  • Well that ending with Justine made me smile
I enjoyed this flick.  Maybe my lack of sleep is causing me to read too much into the flick but I fell like part of it is saying that different is okay.  Sure they had him kill some 20+ people but I enjoyed it. 

The action was well done and I didn't feel the autism was overdone but actually it felt very well done. The acting was fantastic which you'd expect from this cast.  A cast of all wonderful actors who can do so many different roles

I guess I'd stick with the crowd and give it a 7/10.  The story and acting was good/well done but there wasn't anything that made me say "OH MY GOD" throughout.  It was just a well done solid flick with well done solid everything.  The one complaint, which is almost in every review I do, is that it is long.  2 hours is a long flick.  But worth watching if you come across it!

No comments: