2017/08/11

Movie Review; Bottom 100: Emoji Movie


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you are reading this review.   After taking sometime off for personal reasons (one being I am getting married in less then 90 days!) I am back for another bottom 100 flick.  This time it is a recent film that has already reached the top of the bottom...or whatever.  It is currently #11 (as for 08/10/17) which is something for such a new movie! It has a 1.8.  "Gene (SHUT UP WITH THE JOKES, THIS IS MY BLOG, I DO THE JOKING AROUND HERE), a multi-expressional emoji, sets out on a journey to become a normal emoji."  It stars T.J. Miller, James Corden and Anna Faris.  Remember boys and girls...I watch this so you don't have to!

  • What fresh hell is this?  Oh a Hotel Transylvania short.  Just what the world was asking for!
    • This alone makes this horrible!
  • When does the funny start?
  • Ah yes, the funny starts with the giant dog attacking the "bones family reunion"
    • Get it, they are skeletons...ha ha
  • Well that is true, people do love phones!
  • That was almost funny, who does type full words...oh wait this guy does
  • Being meh isn't that hard, I do it all the time
  • Wait...why are they scared?  Because he wasn't meh?  That doesn't make sense
  • None of this makes sense
  • Good grief, does Patrick Stewart have no no response?  
  • I am 12 minutes in and I have to step away....
  • And I'm back...dear lord are they going to break into a song?
  • I ask again...when does the funny start?
  • Lots of unfunny poop jokes 
  • They are going to KILL HIM?!
  • Nice product placement, candy crush was so 10 years ago
  • A shit ton of product placement in this flick
  • Uggg the dialog to fit in with product placement is horrible. 
  • I forgot how annoying I find Steven Wrights voice
  • Uggg, TJ Miller is even annoying just in his voice
  • Of course the robots can dance
  • So they are implying that deleting the app kills the people in the app?  GOOD GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE OVER THE YEARS!
  • This is like a poor mans Wreck-It Ralph
  • So...this basically sets up that each phone is its only universe with its own versions of each of these characters...they are basically preaching the multiverse theory aren't they?
  • Ah the old tie the tentacles into a knot trick
  • Oh, so that is why they call it a firewall
  • The twitter bird?  Really?  
  • And Gene saved the day by being a freak...of course
Well that was not good!  I guess it doesn't quite deserve a 1.8 as it isn't that bad but it isn't much better.  I say it is a 3/10.  It was uninspired and honestly it is basically just a cheap Wreck-It Ralph knock off.  But it is missing what make Ralph good.

This flick had poor voice acting and no heart.  It honestly was missing the heart that Ralph had.  I know it is a kids flick but that doesn't mean it has to be bad.  The storyline of being yourself is good but overall, as I said, it feels uninspired.  

Overall I guess maybe pre-teens would find it funny but I just didn't.  I can't say to go see it.  If you've seen Wreck-It Ralph then you have and if you haven't go watch that instead!

Until next time....Abyssinia!

(AND NO GENE JOKES!!)

No comments: