2017/08/27

Movie Review: 21 Jump Street


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this entry. Today I'm looking at the 2012 flick 21 Jump Street.  As of 8/26 IMDB visitors have given this flick a 7.2/10 after being rated by 439,337 people.  It stars Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum and Ice Cube.  "A pair of underachieving cops are sent back to a local high school to blend in and bring down a synthetic drug ring."  It has skinny Jonah Hill so I"m not sure about this but I've been told it is funny and it is the next flick in my queue so lets see if this movie is worth watching or does it "jump" the shark.  Sorry I couldn't think of a good line there.

  • Starting off with Eminem doesn't make me happy
  • Nice hair Jonah
  • Is that one "kid" in his 40's...oh because it is Tatum
  • Jonah just looks weird skinny
  • Okay the Frisbee thing was funny
  • Oh yeah, those guys are undercover cops for sure
  • Good grief what is wrong with these cops?
  • Nice, recalling shit from the past joke, very good!
  • And then came Ice Cube!  YAY!  
  • Did he say Justin Beaver?
  • How does he know his dick dirty?  That is weird
  • How great is Ice Cube?
  • I do strangely buy Jonah as a high school kid, Tatum not so much
  • Oh it is happening again sunshine
  • Okay this scene is funny, stupid kids with cars
  • I agree, what the fuck are those things?
  • Are high school kids really like this?
  • Yeah, Parnell as a drama teacher makes sense
  • A little peter inside of you...ha ha
  • Yep completely buying Parnell 
  • Ah that is Franco's brother, dealing drugs, that makes perfect sense
  • Finger each others mouth...aha ha haha
  • Rob Riggle!
  • I hate that I'm laughing at this flick
  • That was the wrong performance...EVER!
  • If they don't have the batons that stops them from winning right?  Good plan 
  • Is that Heath Ledger in this flick?
  • NERDS!  Who would play collectible card games in the science room....(I did that in high school...was...was...was I nerd)
  • Yeah fucking Glee!
  • Really?  Evidence locker?  GOOD GRIEF 
  • Crazy mom was funny as hell
  • Gotta say either drug dealing or blowing stuff up seems really cool....according to this flick...
  • I hate guys like Franco in this flick, personally I'd love to punch him in the face!
  • Heath Ledger is throwing me off
  • He literally choked, nice
  • A nice hand shake to seal the deal!
  • A car chase in a drivers training car, nice
  • YES!  I've always wanted to see someone spear Peter Pan as he was one the wires
  • This is the best version of of Peter Pan EVER!!
  • Of course worlds are colliding
  • Are those the original guys?
  • Uggg, I hate Depp
  • A limo car chase now, nice
  • That car explosion did not look good
  • Not cool Butters, you don't shoot a man in the dick
  • WITH HIS MOUTH?!?!
  • Did he just randomly kiss that chick?
Well that was more entertaining then I wanted it to be.  I remember the previews and it didn't look that entertaining but it was good.  I'd give it a 7/10 so pretty much on par with what IMDB has.

My biggest complaint is that it was little long and drawn out which keep it from getting a higher rating from me.  The multiple chases, while entertaining, drug a little.  

I also thought the fight at the play, while highly funny, could have been cut back some.  There are other scenes too, like the mom yelling about chores and things like that that could have shaved a few minutes.  And don't get me started on the entire scene in the shoe store!  Pointless and should have been cut completely.

The flipping of roles in High School was predictable but funny and well done.  In fact the entire thing was well done minus some stereotyping but I think that was part of the charm

I can't hate on this film too much but it was just average for me.  Nothing spectacular at all but entertaining all the same.  I'm sure most of the people out there have seen this already but if you haven't it is worth checking out if you're looking to laugh a little.

Until next time...Abyssinia!

No comments: