2017/08/25

Movie Review: DC Vixen: The Movie


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you've come across this entry.  I am back after another brief absence with another movie review.  This time I'm checking out the Vixen: The Movie.  It stars Megalyn Echikunwoke, Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy.  This is a continuation from a series of shorts last year...at least I think it is.  "Originally from Africa, Mari McCabe grew up an orphan after her parents were killed by local greed, corruption and wanton violence. But Mari refuses to succumb to the terrors surrounding ..."  I like most of DC's animated Universe so lets see if I continue to!

  • I'm pretty sure this is from last year shorts, the opening.  It is interesting that she is quicker then the fastest man alive
  • I wonder if this is just the shorts put together into a movie....
  • Yeah, now I'm almost 100% sure these are the shorts
  • I've seen this and I'm still confused on how Vixen's power works
  • Animation makes it so easy to do good disolves
  • Wow Cisco and Barry don't look even close to the show
  • I like the mask and cape comment
  • So is Ollie trying to kill her with his arrows?
  • Still don't get how she is faster than Flash
  • Kidnapping to Africa does sound bad, even if it is to find out ones background
  • I feel like I'm suddenly watching the Lion King, all I need is a farting warthog
  • How is she going to get back to Detroit?  Oh...guess we don't need to know that information
  • Yeah this isn't Star Wars brothers and sisters don't kiss here Ollie
  • Very weird outfit
  • Okay so half of the flick is from the TV shorts, nice
  • Shouldn't she have a mask or something?  You know people can figure out who you are otherwise...well then again it is DC and everyone knows everyone secret identity.  
  • I just realized who Vixen's dad is, it is the dad from The Middle
  • Vixen's outfit is provocative....guess it is to distract people like her name
  • Yes, use the job and ex card, good idea Vixen
  • Where does Gorilla Grodd come in?
  • GOOD GRIEF THAT GORILLA JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THAT GUY!!!
  • How to bullets constantly miss her?
  • Wait...did this just become Captain Planet?  Because...he is our hero!
  • Nice, Weather Wizard call back
  • What is Firestorm going to do against a Tsunami?
  • Oh...apparently just shoot it with fire
  • Yeah why does Cisco get to name the bad guys?  He is awful!
  • So she can dodge bullets but not lightning?  
  • Too bad Detroit doesn't have a real superhero, it needs it!  Then again so does the world
  • Hugo Strange?  Nope
  • Wait...that stone gives him the power of fire?  They're all different?
  • Why turn into a cat when falling, why not...I don't know...a bird
  • How is she not burned?
  • Just boil the water and then get the totem...no...bad guys are so dumb sometimes
  • Yes guy who kidnapped me, help me...of course lets go see my sister, the one who tried to kill me
  • of course she lied to you!  
  • She just sent the dogs to attack the cops?  GOOD GRIEF
  • So Cannery just gave away Arrow's identity, nice
  • There should be a LOT of steam
  • This is basically Devils Night in Detroit right?
  • They did a horrible job of making the characters look like their human counter parts
Well that wasn't horrible, I continue to like the DCAU.  Overall I'd give it a 7/10, you know my average.  That is slightly above the 6.5 on IMDB as of 8/25.  

I like the voice acting throughout and honestly I don't have anything negative to say about the flick minus the fact that the animated characters have the live action voices but not their faces.  I feel that could have been better done but that is just cosmetic so to speak, didn't really hurt the flick.

The stories were good but you could tell it is just the series of shorts but together into a long form animated flick.  It'd be like putting several Batman the Animated series episodes together and calling it a movie.  Yes but no

Overall it is worth checking out if you like the DCAU/CW Universe.  It can be skipped as it doesn't do anything to further the CW Universe really.

Until Next time...Abyssinia!

No comments: