2017/08/28

Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Venice


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this entry.  Today (8/27/17) I'm checking out the flick Once Upon a Time in Venice.  It stars Bruce Willis, John Goodman and Jason Momoa.  Today it has a 5.2/10 rating on IMDB.  "A Los Angeles detective seeks out the ruthless gang that stole his dog."  I can't think of a witty line here for this brilliant plot summary so....um....here we go!

  • Does Bruce even make movies that go to theaters anymore?
  • He is looking REALLY old
  • eskimotube?  I'll have to look that one up...er...um....
  •  Thomas Middleditch is kind of funny thus far, so awkard
  • Ah her brothers, this makes more since
  • That is Bruce Willis butt
  • Where did he just stick that gun?
  • I'm a fan of Billy Gardell, ever since Dragon Wars
  • He is worried about the gun not naked Bruce Willis?
  • WTF is happening here?  This is more disjointed then something that is disjointed...damn it I had something for this!
  • Well that isn't going to help its resale value
  • Femke?  NICE!
  • Random David Arquette appearance?
  • Lew the Jew?  Really
  • John Goodman is good in almost everything isn't he?
  • Nice that he pushed in the chair
  • This has a really good cast
  • What the fuck is that guy wearing?
  • WTF is this movie?  It is all over the place
  • That is a dude dude
  • Noodle on you?  What does that mean?
  • A set up?  
  • Never mess with a mans dog
  • Bruce gets knocked out a lot
  • That is a lot of drag queens
  • Such a random flick
  • And Goodmans "Maybe I'll die" made me laugh
  • Shooter McGavin?
  • Spyders friend?  How convoluted is this flick?
  • Always take the ninja throwing star...always!
  • Again how great is John Goodman?
  • Should've been a paint granade
  • Wait...that is how it ended?  WTF?
Well that was certainly something.  I guess I'll start with my rating...I think IMDB has it correct with their 5/10.  

The cast of this flick was great but so weird and random.  People just showed up for a scene and then that is it and the whole thing with David Arquette...I don't get it.  It made no sense and had no point. I kept waiting for him to show back up but nothing.  

I cannot really recommend this flick.  I would like to but I just cannot say watch it.  I would not say do not watch it either.  It was just there.  At 90 minutes it had a decent running time and you won't feel like you've wasted your time but do not seek it out.

Until next time...Abyssina!

1 comment:

J33pcr33p said...

Fuck it, I loved it. It has alot of funny parts. The dog is the shit. The randomness of Arquette, the paintings, FUCKIN GOODMAN! Are you kidding me? Yes, Goodman is great in everything he does.
I think it kinda overplays the California laid back lifestyle, slow drag in the voice. Momoa saying"fucker". I love the movie.
Screw you haters.