2017/07/14

Movie Review: Granny of the Dead


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this review.  Tonight I'm checking out the 2017 flick Granny of the Dead.  As of 7/14/16 it has a rating of 5.1.  "Regular guy Ed (Marcus Carroll) awakes one morning to find that his Grandmother has become one of the living dead. While trapped in his home Ed tries to survive the day, keep his house zombie free, stay alive and save the day."  It stars Marcus Carroll, Abigail Hamilton and Oliver Ferriman.  I stumbled upon this today and had to check it out.  Lets see what happens

  • Oh man this is going to be awful...I mean awful
  • A mom apple pie joke, nice
  • These are some really ugly actors!
  • That was thunder?
  • Why did she turn into a zombie?
  • That zombie is super strong!
  • Granny zombie is awesome!
  • ZOMBIEVISION!
  • That is what gets people killed, checking it out, you dumb ass!
  • That zombie just cooked a cat....smart zombie!
  • Gross skinny guy needs to put on a shirt!
  • Why throw the knife/blade down?
  • Zombie attack only on one street?
  • Does the UK still have milkmen?
  • A zombie demon?  AWESOME!
  • Boy the acting leavings quite a bit to be desired here
  • OH GOD SHE IS GOING TO BITE OFF HIS COCK!
  • And we got to see the cock in the old birds mouth
  • He shot the dog?  NOT COOL!
  • Wait...there are still cars driving around?  What is this Birdemic?
  • That is an annoying ring tone if I ever heard one
  • This director went to the Michael Bay school of action scenes, shot it fast enough and it doesn't have to look good
  • Awesome, they referenced Hobo with a Shotgun!
  • That zombie was blocking bullets with her walker!  
  • Doing the potty dance...doing the potty dance
  • Okay the shit scene is making me chuckle a bit
  • Was she hanging like a bat?
  • Uggg, I hate blood on the camera in movies
  • Nice Jurassic Park line/reference usage
  • Its true, old people throw shoes!  This movie proved it
  • That cop turned fast
  • Why throw the hammer away?  Also you know have an exposed driver side window sunshine
  • Shit that zombie can drive a front loader
  • scratch and sniff walls, welcome to 2017!
  • Better make sure you take some crisps kid
  • You didn't lock the door you dumb kid
  • Looks like someone is going to spit on that girls grave....because she is dressed like the main character....guess you have to watch the movie now to see what I mean
  • For 90 minutes this is taking a long time
  • He uses a gun about as well as I would, that makes me feel...really bad
  • What is going on?  A hand out of her mouth?
  • Aww, the two weird guys are in love, nice
  • Bye bye Billy
  • Topless zombie guy sure does a lot goofy facial acting, like the kid from the Goldbergs aka young Jack Black
Well that was interesting.  I'm not sure what to think.  IMDB has it at a 5 and I think I am going to go that route too.  I feel like it tried to be too much and didn't explain anything.  I'm not sure what happened to be honest.  What was the shadow hand thing?  Was it supernatural or just regular zombie stuff.  

The effects were bad and the acting was okay at best most of the time.  The one girl who I will call Spit on my Grave Girl (I think her name was Ceri in the flick) was probably the best....and Jurassic Park cop was good too.  

The effects were okay to poor but it was a low budget flick so that is to be expected.  

It isn't the trainwreck I wanted it to be so that is a good thing.  It was "MEH" for me.  If you have 90 minutes or so to kill, no pun intended, check it out.  

Until next time...remember...when there no more room in hell....people get to be really old and turn into zombie/demons...I guess...I don't know...its been a rough week

No comments: