2017/07/13

Movie Review: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this entry.  First off I am sorry for my recent delay in posts, family and work stuff gets the in the way sometimes you know.  I am back however and this time I am checking out the 2014 flick Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  It stars Gary Oldman, Keri Russell and Andy Serkis.  "A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier." As of 7/12/16 IMDB users have this rated as a 7.6
  • Could this movies title be longer?
  • I will say they do a good job making it look like real apes
  • Is that a hunting plan?  1 out of 100 is not a good ratio there boys
  • That bear was awesome!  Dead but awesome
  • Yes Ass Face Monkey is still around!
  • Gross baby monkey!
  • Should I know what these damn dirty monkeys are saying
  • That guy totally just shot that monkey in the face....nope it wasn't the face
  • How do you not notice apps following you?
  • Am I watching a movie or the Trump War Room?  BAM!
  • Wouldn't horses be freaked out by monkeys?
  • That one monkey seems nice
  • Why are they scared?  Talking monkeys?
  • That place must smell awful!  
  • I bet that isn't all mud
  • Shouldn't there be more poop throwing?
  • I didn't know I needed a ASL book to watch this flick
  • He is one ugly monkey...but looking at him you should know he is evil!
  • That is one ugly baby monkey!
  • Of course one of the humans did something stupid like keep a gun
  • He has anger issues
  • Is he going to give ass face a book?
  • Scarface monkey is creepy and evil, can't they tell that?
  • No sound, that means bad things are coming
  • This should be a massacre
  • A tank?  NICE!
  • The monkeys stole the tank!
  • Should've killed the human, now you die 
  • When does this kid die what with his drawing and what not
  • Good grief this flick is LONG!
  • Oh shit, John Conner just got cooked!  (look it up boys and girls)
  • OH NO ASS FACE WAS SHOT!!  NOT ASS FACE!  NOOOOOOO!!
  • Okay I think that Ass Face is okay
Well that certain was a movie wasn't it boys and girls?  I guess I'm about the same as IMDB, I'd give it a 6/10 because it was just too long.  Too drawn out.

The effects were well done and the story isn't bad but a few gaps.  Like wouldn't the military be out either hunting those damn dirty apes or gathering people?  Also how did the people continually not see giant apes following them!

Overall not bad but not Earth shattering either!  If you haven't seen it you probably won't unless like me you are going to be checking out the next flick with your $4 atom ticket from T-Mobile.  

Until next time remember...


No comments: