2017/07/03

Movie Review: Moonrise Kingdom



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today I'm checking out the flick Moonrise Kingdom.  This is a Wes Anderson flick that stars Jared Gilman, Kara Hayward and Bruce Willis.  I found it because of this site which gives some of the top flicks on Netflix.  I'll be honest up front, knowing it is a Wes Anderson flick I'm not sure I'll like it, I am not a fan of most of his stuff but lets see.  At IMDB as of 7/3 it has a 7.8 rating.  "A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out to find them."
  • I like the 93 minute running time of this flick
  • I am not a fan of the cast thus far
  • Uggg, this is very art house like most of his flicks...I'm not sure this was the correct flick for me to pick
  • Uggg, I am not enjoying this at all.  Now I remember why I dislike Wes Anderson flicks....the dialog is painful
  • WTF?  Weapons?
  • Thus far calling this a comedy is a stretch, boring is the word I'd use
  • Seriously does Anderson right his dialog in bullets thinking that the actors will ad-lib but they don't.  Just doing soundbites
  • When does the comedy start?
  • Didn't Sam say he wasn't a strong swimmer?  But he jumped into the ocean?
  • Is the tent going to get washed out to sea?
  • Beach dance party!  YEAH!
  • This is extremely awkward, like uncomfortable awkward
  • It is only half over?  Really?
  • I ask again...when does the comedy come in?
  • This is painful in my opinion...very painful
  • Is this the longest 93 minutes in film history?
  • Worst CGI fire EVER!
I don't get it, I don't.  I don't understand Wes Anderson flicks.  How is that listed as a comedy is beyond me.  I give it a 5/10.  The acting was well done and the filming and what not was well done.  I just didn't find it entertaining or anything.

I don't want to rant and rave here because it is what it is.  I know a lot of people like Wes Anderson so that is good but I didn't find it entertaining at all.  Boring is what I call it.  

Until next time...abyssinia!

No comments: