2017/05/06

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is that you have found this entry!  Today I'm going to talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

This was flick was very fun.  If you enjoyed the first flick then you will really enjoy this flick.

GOOD:

The good of the flick was the acting, the writing...hell almost everything!  I think this is one of my favorite flicks this year.  Batista really stole this flick in my opinion.  While he was good in the first flick his comedic timing really shown through.  The Drax character could easily be one dimensional but they really made him much more of a character in this flick and I enjoyed that.

Yondu and Rocket also were fantastic.  This time around Rocket looked amazing and the interactions between Rocket, Groot and the live action cast was great.

They also had two fantastic scenes with Rocket and then Rocket and Yondu together.  Easily my favorite scenes in the movie.

The comedy was well done and timed correctly with the more dramatic scenes.  Marvel and Gunn, the director, did an excellent job in pacing this flick.

Rooker, Yondu, really showed that he isn't just a bit player in my opinion.  He does everything very well and he is easily some of of my favorite characters in Yondu and Merle.

Oh yeah and Kurt Russell...need I say more?

BAD:

I don't have a lot to say in the bad section.  I guess one of my complaints is that Starlord was mostly a more dramatic character and I didn't like that.  I realize that it is an ensemble cast and that is why but I didn't like it as much.  He was really good in the role but I liked his character in the first one.

There were also a few random moments where characters said something that didn't make any sense aside to move the story along.

This is where I would usually put the UGLY section but there wasn't anything I could put in there.

Overall I'd give this a 8/10.  It is worth going to see and I regret not seeing it 3D Imax.  If you enjoy Marvel and the first flick go see it...NOW!

No comments: