2017/05/22

Movie Review: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you are reading this.  I am back with another movie review, this time I am reviewing Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.  This is as I am watching all the Alien flicks (sorry no Prometheus blog, was paying attention to the flick).  As of 5/20 it has a 4.7 on IMDB.  It stars Reiko Aylesworth, Steven Pasquale, Shareeka Epps.  "Warring alien and predator races descend on a rural US town, where unsuspecting residents must band together for any chance of survival."  
  • YOUNG SHAWN SPENCER!
  • You know it is going to be a cool movie when an arm melts off within minutes
  • Now we REALLY know why Ricky Cricket is so fucked up
  • Aliens must incubate quicker on earth than space
  • We never really find out why the "Aliens" like to kill so much do we?  
    • Could it be they were create by the "Predators"?
  • For some reason I like the ritual of taking off the helmet/mask thing in the predator flicks
  • Weird that the predator killed that cop, I guess you could say he was a threat...that is a thing isn't it?  I feel like we learned that in Predator flicks
  • I didn't want to rewatch AVP but now I feel like I have to to get the full Alien experience prior to the new flick which I"ll be seeing in a few days (from 5/20, when I'm watching this)
  • Why do the xenos like to get all up in peoples grill and "smell" them?  Doesn't they understand personal space?
  • This flick really is what fans wanted for the clash of monsters, not the first AVP
  • Wait....so this chick has always wanted this guy?  Or does she just REALLY like pizza guys?
  • Aliens swimming is one awesome visual!
  • Never look outside the window when it is dark, there might be something out there.  Movies have taught me that
  • The blue goo is cool
  • Unrated scene, very cool!
  • Good sheriff or BEST sheriff for constantly listening and hanging out with convict
  • The National Guard actually doesn't do horrible here, better than the space marines years later
  • The hybrid is both cool and stupid at the same time
  • Wait...the hybrid is both a face hugger and predator and an alien?  Damn!
  • Why didn't the face hugger predator alien face tongue fuck the doctor?
  • How do they not realize that it is a trap to go to the center of town?  Even I know that doesn't make sense
  • Rickey Cricket i smart, go with the tank!
  • GET TO THE CHOPPER!
  • It is weird when the aliens look so good and randomly one of the shots are horrible
  • The music isn't bad in flick most of the time
  • This isn't a bad flick at all really, I think it gets a poor rep from the first flick
  • I say that then the fight scene at the end is almost too dark to see anything, which is is sad
  • Taking the mask off for a Predator is like Hogan doing the "you" finger or Jerry Lawler dropping the strap right?
  • If only that chopper was like a 50's fridge, they'd have no problem after a nuke!
  • Wait...they trust the military isn't going to kill them like they did the entire town?  
  • And why wouldn't the military do that?  Can't have them telling everyone...or are they going to be looked after by top men
  • I said TOP MEN
I forgot how much fun that flick is.  Overall I would give the flick a 6/10.    While there isn't a lot of character development in the flick there does not have to be.  This isn't a flick about characters, it is a flick about two sci-fi/horror icons clashing.  It gives the fans what they were looking for, although only briefly.

I should point out that I'm not a fan boy of either of these franchises so that might make a difference. I enjoy them both and have now watched every flick in both.  I enjoy them for what they are but neither are on my end all be all of movies....

As I type this I have the first flick on while I download the new Doctor Who and I forgot how bad THIS flick was (yes there will most likely be a blog).

As I was saying I enjoy the franchises bu they aren't my end all be all.  

The big question is how does these flicks fit into the franchises...if at all.  I have a feeling if Ridley Scott answered the question it would be not at all.  I just wondering.

Anyway if you are looking for a fun action flick this isn't a bad choice.  If I haven't posted it already (time wimey) expect a Alien: Covent review soon.  Until next time...Abyssinia

No comments: