2017/05/30

Bottom 100: #61: Girl in Gold Boots


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have come across this post.  I'm back with another Bottom 100 movie review.  This time I am checking out the flick Girl in Gold Boots.  As of 4/29 it is sitting at #61 of the bottom 100.  It stars Jody Daniels, Leslie McRay and Tom Pace.  "A young woman leaves her job as a waitress and travels to Los Angeles, where she strives to become the top star in the glamorous world of go-go dancing."  How a plot like that ends up in the bottom 100 is beyond me!  Enough waiting though, I'm dying to know if she becomes that top star in the world of go-go dancing!!
  • This is glamorous?
  • I wonder if this was the Showgirls of the late 60's, the plot seems similar
  • Was that cook drunk?
  • You can tell it is the 60's, they loved leather jackets back then
  • Good grief this dialog in painful!
  • 10 Hershey bars for a dollar!  AWESOME!
  • Yep he is drunk
  • Isn't that the same place they were just at?
  • Oh man those guys mean business, they don't have sleeves!
  • I love these older flicks and their music
  • Yes a car/motorcycle chase!
  • Did you think she was going to reach over and turn the car off?
  • Those are the weakest sounding motorcycles I've ever heard!
  • Ah yes, gun violence and leather jackets, the natural aphrodisiac
  • This could turn into a very different flick!
  • This flick is actually kind of boring
  • Wait...I think we saw this scene already!
  • That isn't possible...how could a girl have a brother!  That is the look on that guys face.  Why so shocked?
  • She changed quickly
  • Man Leo is a tough guy!
  • Did I mention this flick is boring?
  • A hold up 20 miles away was front page news in LA?  Much different world back in 68 I guess
  • I guess dancing never changes, it always looks like people are having seizures
  • I guess every guy but Critter in this flick is a disgusting pig, nice to see well rounded characters!
  • Shouldn't she be weirded out that the owner just walked in with her in her bra and panties?
  • Is that one of those marijuana cigarettes I've heard so much about?
  • Seriously was there a soundtrack for all TV and film back in the 60's?
  • Wait...she loves Critter?
  • Ah a draft dodger, horrible disgusting person
  • Critter doesn't have a bad voice if it is his
  • The actor playing Leo has the same voice almost all the time
  • That seems foolish, to just beat the guy in his cell.  Wait till you're outside and then put him in the dumpster!
  • That is the end of Joanie I think!
  • Nope just having a fit I guess
  • Best fight face ever on Buz!
  • Ahhhh, they got married and he isn't going to be a draft dodger, how nice
Well that wasn't as bad as it could have been.  While IMDB has it as a 2.2 I don't think it is that bad. I am more a 4/10.  While it was mostly a boring flick and had some pointless points it wasn't horrible. Should not be in the bottom 100.  Does it hold up?  Of course not but it isn't horrible considering it was in 68.  I don't have much else to say about it.  

If you don't mind older flicks that feel like a TV cop show from the era it is worth checking it out!

No comments: