2016/08/28

Movie Review: Insidious


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you're reading this.  I'm back with another movie review, this time the 2010 horror flick Insidious.  It stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, and Ty Simpkins.  "A family looks to prevent evil spirits from trapping their comatose child in a realm called The Further."  As for 8/28, when I'm writing this intro, on IMDB it has a 6.8 over on IMDB.  Enough of this, lets get to my thoughts!
  • Creepy, mom and son in the same pajamas
  • Its the dude from the Conjuring, does he only do creepy flicks?
  • She better not quit her day job...wait that is her day job?  I'm sorry...I'm so sorry
  • That broken step will come back in some way I'm sure
  • If there is a place in my house I need to take a lantern to see I'm not going there
  • Ah broken step, I knew you'd reappear in our lives, but who knew so early!
  • I don't think anything in this scene was English
  • That kids dead, I've seen dead kids and that is one...I mean...in movies obviously....
  • That was a creepy old ladies voice!  Why are old ladies and little girls always creepy in movies
  • Finally someone uses some logic in a horror movie, interference on the baby monitor
  • Well that was really creepy
  • That house just screams horror movie
  • Ha ha look at his tiny cell phone!
  • This movie is a little dark for me, not heavy dark but shot dark
  • Weird camera angle
  • This random woman is creepy for sure!  I think she might be a demon!
  • No don't follow him!  Have you never see horror movies
  • And of course faith comes into it
  • I knew she was a pervert, watching her son and wife "sleep"
  • Well that was slightly unsettling
  • I love that he is eating a hot pocket...very strangely
  • Is he using a view finder?
  • Why isn't the husband arguing more, I would be.  Elise sounds INSANE!
  • Spiritual Body?  *eye roll*
  • The Further?  This lady is insane!
  • She feed off Daltons pictures, that is how they con men work
  • She is putting on a gas mask...this is completely insane
  • Yep and the lightbulbs go off, carnies are awesome!
  • I knew this was the moms fault!  KNEW IT!
  • She got closer...and closer and closer...and she threw a rock at him!
  • It was a big rock
  • I'm pretty sure the Wyatts are going to show up soon?  FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS!!
  • Oh she ate a Joker Fish
  • Oh its the one door from IT Crowd where the emo guy lives!  He is being more violent than I remember though
  • So are the two guys in white shirts this movies version of Roy and Moss?
  • It makes a lot of sense that Tiny Tim was a demon
  • The demon is pretty damn awesome in this flick!
  • Okay this is a little overboard with the house shaking
  • I think that was a weeping angel!
  • Yes, follow my voice, you're not in an echo chamber or anything!
  • So did the demon win in the end?  Is he going to eat her intestines now?
Well that was something.  I don't know what to think about it to be honest.  I mean it wasn't bad but I'm not a fan of not getting a full story.  I guess I'd give it a 6/10.  

The acting was good but not great.  Renai was kind of underwhelming but Josh was pretty good as usual.

I also found the mom just horrible.  Annoying and creepy and I thought for sure this wa all happening due to her but I was wrong.

Overall the flick wasn't bad but not anything amazing.  Until next time...remember...don't EVER take pictures of Patrick Wilson!




No comments: