2015/12/17

Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse

I am back once again, this time with zombies behind me.  Luckily I'll soon the Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.  See what I did there?  Its the name of the movie AND something that'd save me when the zombies attack!  "Three scouts, on the eve of their last camp-out, discover the true meaning of friendship when they attempt to save their town from a zombie outbreak."  As of 12/13 it has an IMDB rating of 6.4.  It stars Tye Sheridan, Logan Miller and Joey Morgan.  Lets get to some zombies and scouting.
  • I like how this movie is starting!  That is how I mop the floor, but with much better music and dance moves
  • Who doesn't want to go through those plastic car wash things when they see them in movies or what not.  You know, the ET things
  • That is what you get for putting your arm in a vending machine scientist dude.
  • Teenage Gene wants to beat up those scouts!
  • How did he get a flat tire?
  • She'll become a zombie, for sure
  • zombie animals?  Do they want to only eat other like animals or everything?
  • How great is David Koechner?  Especially with his wig in this flick
  • Well that answered that question about zombie animals
  • BOO!  This isn't funny or zombies.  Dads and feelings I don't want
  • This is a secret party?  Really?
  • Poor Augie.  This is sad...but what kind of name is Augie?
  • Condoms?  I guess they're always prepared
  • Sneak in?  Not like anyone will notice two 16 year olds in scout uniforms right
  • Was that zombie just creeping on Ben?
  • Oh not a zombie I guess, just a creepy stripper
  • No a creepy zombie stripper.....I'm confused
  • Is that a zombie Vin Diesel?  
  • Yes, hiding in the toilet stall always works
  • These are some smart ass zombies!
  • I bet the kid would still get excited!
  • Awesome effect, the blood through the bottle!
  • Who doesn't want to see some tittes, honestly
  • How did Augie get home...I guess a car, we have no idea how he got out to the woods
  • Nice effect with the skeleton arm
  • Language cocktail waitress, your yelling won't help matters
  • Is the one part ape or something?  And what was growing out of his back?
  • Would the shit smell attract zombies or repel them?  
  • My hope is repel because that is my plan when the dead rise, you know shitting myself
  • Augie would have been Jonah Hill 10 years ago
  • Nice victory riff there for a second
  • Can I say thank you to the costume designer who dressed Denise!
  • Not a fan at how fast these zombies are
  • HA HA Office Hottie
  • I think I'd ditch the scout uniforms
  • Oh baby baby...
  • Jawless zombie...nice!
  • How long are Denises legs?  They go on for days and days!
  • Of course Ben goes to the underwear drawer...I would have too at 16
  • How awesome is Cloris Leachman!
  • HELLO!  That is an awesome invitation.  I'd respond the same was Ben did as well.  Horrible with the ladies I am
  • Is that zombie on a trampoline?  AWESOME!
  • SHE'S GUMMING MY ASS!!  I usually have to pay extra for that
  • That wasn't the right camera angle!
  • OH MY GOD OLD MAN ZOMBIE COCK!!
  • I hate cats, but kind of wanted more zombie cats
  • I smell a scout oath speech coming
  • Nice a gearing up montage.  Gotta have to those in zombie flicks.
  • Well that redefines that phrase
  • Well that is going to be a massacre!
  • The headlamp is a nice touch
  • nailed her, so bad yet so good
  • A speech during a zombie attack, awesome!
  • Man i always wanted to do that!
First off I hope Augie ended up with Denise, because...well...I have a soft spot for husky nerdy kids....oooo after credit scene!

That was fun!

I would give this a 8 out of 10.  I really enjoyed it!  A few complaints of course.  They kind of introduced a super zombie, the one outside the liquor store/strip club but it is never brought up again. Also not a fan of quicker zombies but those are minor issues.  The other question is how did the one deer get infected?  Was he already bit?

I thought the acting was good, especially from younger actors.  There was a good mix of comedy and horror.  I am not usually a huge fan of horror comedies but when done correctly they are fun and this was.

The effects were done well as well.  Obviously they could have gone all comedy with it or over the ala Army of Darkness/Ash vs. Evil Dead but they didn't.

That is all for now.  Enjoy this flick, go check this flick out!

No comments: